This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Here is a quick and brief timeline of Johnny Depp and Amber Heard relationship:

2009: Depp and Heard met on the set of “The Rum Diary”.

2012: The two began dating.

2014: The couple got engaged.

2015: Johnny Depp and Amber Heard are officially married.

2016: Johnny Depp and Amber Heard filing for divorce. Weeks later, Heard filed for a domestic violence restraining order against Depp.

2018: Heard writes a co-oped for The Washington Post about her experience with abuse and her decision to speak out.

2019: Depp claims that Heard’s allegations were part of an “elaborate hoax”. He also expresses how the allegations negatively impacted his career and that Heard was the one who “violently abused” him.

Now:

An audio was recently released to the public in regard to the allegation of physical violence and abusive behavior between Johnny Depp and Amber Heard. In the 2015 taped two-hour therapy session, Heard is heard talking to Depp about their problematic relationship, admitting that she has physically abused and harmed him.

In the recording she could be heard saying:

“I’m sorry that I didn’t, uh, uh, hit you across the face in a proper slap, but I was hitting you, it was not punching you. Babe, you’re not punched…, I don’t know what the motion of my actual hand was, but you’re fine. I did not hurt you. I did not punch you. I was hitting you.”

Meanwhile, in the recording, Depp admits that he had previously pushed her and suggest that the two should take some time apart to prevent their relationship from getting worse. However, as a result of their various disagreements and behavior towards each other, the two did end up in divorce.

With all that being said, the main focus of this story is that domestic violence is never ok. If you or someone you know was or currently is a victim of domestic violence call: 1-800-799-7233.

Michelle is currently majoring in Management with a concentration in Marketing. She loves to travel and hopes to one day take a dip into marketing world.