jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A 90s Inspired Fall Fashion List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

The 90’s are back, baby!!! Although 90s inspired fashion has been a big hit the past few years, it has proven that it’s here to stay. Here are some of our favorite trends from the NYFW runways and street style looks:

1. Blazers: From fashion bloggers to off duty models, the blazer has been killing it as fall’s go-to jacket. Go all out and opt for a pattern such as pinstripe or plaid.

2. Skirts: Corduroy and denim are Fall’s favorite fabrics for skirts this fall. Transition them from summer to fall by pairing them with a light turtleneck when the days get cooler.

3. Shearling lined denim jacket: Your dad’s old trucker jacket is going to be your best friend this season. The more rips and tears, the better!

4. Mustard: A fall favorite, this color is back and better than ever along with colors like burgundy and terracotta.

5. Graphic Tee’s: Although these have been trending for quite some time now, there is no better way to layer than with a graphic tee over a turtleneck as we enter the cooler weather.

6. Straight leg jeans: Officially say goodbye to your skinnies. The straight leg jean has been making a comeback for a while now, and with the temps dropping you’re going to want to switch out your daisy dukes for a pair of Levi’s.

7. Hoops: Move over dainty jewelry, the hoop is back and here to stay. A nice pair of hoops will complete any outfit, and you know what they say – the bigger the hoop, the bigger the heart!

8. Western: From boots to belts, the western trend has been creeping up since last season’s fashion week.

9. Mesh Shirts: Fishnet and mesh shirts are the go-to going out shirt this fall.

10. Overalls: Traditional overalls, and overall style dresses are stealing the spotlight right now.

Annabelle is a Senior at Clark University, finishing her undergraduate studies in Business Management, and starting her MBA studies in the 5th year accelerated degree program at Clark. She loves fashion, photography, and writing!