This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

International Gala is a huge event at Clark every year. So many people attend and plenty are involved as well. It is pretty easy to spot the different groups of people that Gala draws in every year, and chances are everyone falls into at least one of these categories.

1. The Parents – there are always plenty of supportive parents and family members who come out to cheer on their performers. They’re usually the ones that get there super early and have their cameras out constantly.

2. Main South Community Members – one awesome thing about Gala is that the event is free and open to the public. This means that people that live in the Main South community often attend.

3. Supportive Roommates – since Gala involves so many students on campus, it draws an audience of many students as well. Some of the best Gala audience members are the supportive friends and roommates of the performers. You can always tell who these people are because they’ll often be yelling their friend’s name repeatedly.

4. People Who Have No Idea What Gala Is – there is always a handful of people (typically First Years) who have no clue what Gala actually is or what all the hype is about. You can usually spot them looking confused and overwhelmed by the sheer energy in the Kneller.

5. The Superfans – these people are usually students who may or may not (read: definitely) pre-gamed the event. They’re the loudest audience members by far but if you’re a performer, you love them for all of the cheering.

6. Alumni – believe it or not, a decent amount of Clark alumni return to see Gala. Since it is such a huge event for the school, it really does leave an impact on everyone who has ever seen it or been involved, so it’s no surprise that so many former Clarkies make it a point to come back to see the show.

7. Clark Staff and Faculty – you’ll find Clark staff and faculty in their special reserved seating area right in front of the stage. There are lots of professors, administrators and staff members alike who come out to show their support for the students participating in Gala. President Angel always makes it a point to attend Gala, too.

8. The Performers – you’ll see all of the performers at some point in the performer viewing section which is usually located on the left side of the Kneller. Performers are allowed to watch whichever half of the performance they’re not dancing in, and they’re always a loud cheering section as well.

9. ISA Members – the ISA members are the people who keep Gala running from start to finish! You’ll be able to tell who they are from their distinct shirts and walkie-talkies. They’ll most likely be running around all night keeping everything under control.

Whichever category you fall into, enjoy the experience of Gala! It is such a unique event that Clark offers and is a wonderful time for the campus and the community to come together and celebrate different cultures.  

Kelly is a student at Clark University pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Cultural Studies and Communications with a minor in Business Management. When Kelly is not in class, you can find her working in the Education Department at The Hanover Theatre, teaching Zumba classes and dancing her heart out with Clark University's Dance Society. Her favorite color is pink (especially Her Campus pink!) and she loves everything monogrammed. Kelly enjoys spending time with her friends, family, boyfriend, and two adorable cats. Kelly is thrilled to be a new Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Ciara Kilian. Follow along with her on Instagram and Twitter @kellrour HCXO!
Haley is a student at Clark University studying Management with plans to pursue an MBA. On campus you can find Haley working as an assistant in the President's Office, or dancing (like nobody's watching!) with Clark University Dance Society. Beyond campus she loves her cat, her cousins, and chocolate. Her favorite color is pink, and she could watch The Mindy Project for days. Haley is looking forward to being a part of the Her Campus Clark team!
Ciara is a student at Clark studying Political Science as well as Cultural Studies & Communication. She spends her time running around between classes, working at both the Campus Store and Annie's Clark Brunch and trying to figure out what to do with her life after she graduates this May. When Ciara is not juggling her busy schedule, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family, binge-watching Netflix (specifically The Office) and reminiscing her semester abroad in Ireland. Her favorite color is green and her guilty pleasure TV shows are The Bachelor and Dance Moms. Ciara is thrilled to be a Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Kelly Rourke! Be sure to follow her daily shenanigans via Twitter and Instagram @ckils23 HCxo
Isabelle is a student at Clark University, who has declared as a Cultural Studies and Communications major and a minor in sociology. She is a yoga instructor at Clark, as well as the manager for the Clark Field Hockey team. She has a deep love for sea turtles, the free people Instagram account, and card making. When she isn’t procrastinating school work she can be found on the sidelines of Clark athletics events, or hanging out with friends and family. Isabelle is really excited to be a contributing member of the Her Campus team. 
Annabelle is a Senior at Clark University, finishing her undergraduate studies in Business Management, and starting her MBA studies in the 5th year accelerated degree program at Clark. She loves fashion, photography, and writing!
Alexis is a student at Clark University studying Spanish and Political Science. When she's not at the library you can find her watching Netflix (probably Bones or The Office), on the elliptical, on KJP's instagram, or reading the news. She's passionate about politics, travel, and fashion. Her goals for the future include getting a job after graduation and trying to live the ideal New England lifestyle. Alexis is very excited to be a new Campus Correspondent along with Annabelle Merlin. HCXO!