9 Quotes of Empowerment For Day of Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Day of Girl is an international observance declared by the UN in 2012. This October 11 is the 6th annual celebration. It is held to increase awareness of gender inequality faced by many girls and women around the world today.

We know women come in all shapes, sizes, ways of life, and backgrounds so we at Her Campus Clark want to encompass that throughout this week. To start it off, her are some quotes from empowered women empowering women.

1. “Human rights are women’s rights and women’s rights are human rights, once and for all.” —Hillary Clinton
  2. “Feminism isn’t about making women strong. Women are already strong. It’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength.” —G.D. Anderson
  3. “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” —Michelle Obama
  4. “A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” – Coco Chanel
  5. “The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it.” – Roseanne Barr
  6. “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” – Nora Ephron
  7. “I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story – I will.” – Amy Schumer
  8. “A woman is like a tea bag – you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
  9. “I just love bossy women. I could be around them all day. To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody’s passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn’t mind leading.” – Amy Poehler
Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.