9 of the Best Finds From Abby’s House’s Holiday Shopping Bazaar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Abby’s House Thrift Shop, temporarily located at 875-R Main St., near Oberlin and Ripley streets, held its fifth annual Holiday Shopping Bazaar Saturday. 

Here are some of the great finds.

1. Smiley Rain Boots

2. Earrings

3. Superhero Robe

4. Angel Soap Dispenser

5. Motivational Coffee Cup Pants

6. Moose Named Pants

7. An Animal and Blanket

8. Snowman

9. Bridal Gown

All proceeds from the Bazaar, like those from the Thrift Shop, support Abby’s House.

Abby’s House was created by Annette Rafferty in 1976 to find a solution to the “overwhelming…requests to house the ‘new homeless’ — women and children,” the website states. 

Abby’s House Thrift Shop is open Monday through Thursday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Friday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.