With Fall Break upon us, everyone on campus has been buzzing with excitement about the short – but much needed – time away from classes and the chance to go home for a few days. However, not everyone gets to go home this weekend. Most fall athletes and students that live too far away from Clark will be here keeping the campus warm while everyone else spends their long weekend sleeping in their own beds and spending time with their families. As both a fall athlete and someone who lives far from Clark, I am one of those students that will be stuck on campus for Fall Break, and frankly, I have a lot of feelings about it.
1. Not fair!! I want to see my family and my pets, too!
2. Campus is going to be deserted and all of my friends will be home. What am I supposed to do all weekend?
3. My suite is scary without all my roommates here… It’s too quiet!
4. At least my team will be here. Oh wait… half of them are going home after our Saturday game and won’t be back until Monday night.
5. Okay, I guess I should use this time to be productive. I’ll clean my room, do my laundry, bake some pumpkin bread, and do homework. Maybe I’ll even get ahead on some of my reading for next week!
6. Well, since I have so much time, I can relax first. I’ll start being productive later.
7. **Accidentally watches 3 seasons of New Girl** Well, I guess I’m not getting my work done…
8. At least there are only 3 days of classes this week, and I’ll be going into it refreshed and relaxed after this long weekend to myself.