This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

While some people may have big plans for a fun Spring Break trip somewhere warm, others choose to have a low key Spring Break. No matter what you decide to do, Spring Break should be a time to breathe and collect yourself after the first half of the semester. If you’ve been feeling like you’re constantly playing catch up and just want to get back on top of things for the second half of the semester, there are lots of things you can accomplish over Spring Break to get ahead.

1. Do your taxes or plan out your budget for the rest of the semester. Oftentimes, financial planning falls to the wayside when classes are stressful and deadlines are looming. Take this week to go through old receipts, get your tax documents in order and look ahead at your budget for the rest of the semester. Not having to worry about these things will help out immensely when you have finals and other end of semester commitments to worry about.

2. Go through your syllabi and see where you’re at with deadlines. Getting a clear picture of the rest of the semester can be great in helping you feel organized. Write down deadlines and try to get ahead on them if you can. You can also start brainstorming ideas for final projects and papers to make it easier on yourself when you finally go to complete them.

3. Set end of semester goals and re-evaluate ones that you set at the beginning of the semester. Maybe you planned to exercise every day of the week at the beginning of the semester and that didn’t quite pan out. Take some time to re-evaluate what is going to be important to you for the rest of the semester and set realistic goals for yourself moving forward.

4. Do some spring cleaning and organizing. Get rid of old papers that you’ve been shoving in your backpack and clear out any junk that’s been accumulating in your purse! Cleaning and organizing always helps make you feel ready to tackle whatever comes your way.  You can also make a list of things that you need for the rest of the semester and pick them up before you head back to campus after break.

5. Do things that will make you feel physically refreshed. Sometimes, feeling physically organized and rejuvenated will help you to feel mentally refreshed as well. Something as simple as getting a haircut (new do, new you!) can work wonders for your psyche. Spring Break is also a perfect time to switch over your wardrobe from winter to spring and get everything you need to take on the end of the semester in style. Treat yourself to a shopping trip to grab some fun new pieces to bring back to school!  

However you choose to spend Spring Break, here’s to hoping that it’s a fun and relaxing time!

Kelly is a student at Clark University pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Cultural Studies and Communications with a minor in Business Management. When Kelly is not in class, you can find her working in the Education Department at The Hanover Theatre, teaching Zumba classes and dancing her heart out with Clark University's Dance Society. Her favorite color is pink (especially Her Campus pink!) and she loves everything monogrammed. Kelly enjoys spending time with her friends, family, boyfriend, and two adorable cats. Kelly is thrilled to be a new Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Ciara Kilian. Follow along with her on Instagram and Twitter @kellrour HCXO!
Ciara is a student at Clark studying Political Science as well as Cultural Studies & Communication. She spends her time running around between classes, working at both the Campus Store and Annie's Clark Brunch and trying to figure out what to do with her life after she graduates this May. When Ciara is not juggling her busy schedule, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family, binge-watching Netflix (specifically The Office) and reminiscing her semester abroad in Ireland. Her favorite color is green and her guilty pleasure TV shows are The Bachelor and Dance Moms. Ciara is thrilled to be a Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Kelly Rourke! Be sure to follow her daily shenanigans via Twitter and Instagram @ckils23 HCxo
Alexis is a student at Clark University studying Spanish and Political Science. When she's not at the library you can find her watching Netflix (probably Bones or The Office), on the elliptical, on KJP's instagram, or reading the news. She's passionate about politics, travel, and fashion. Her goals for the future include getting a job after graduation and trying to live the ideal New England lifestyle. Alexis is very excited to be a new Campus Correspondent along with Annabelle Merlin. HCXO!
Isabelle is a student at Clark University, who has declared as a Cultural Studies and Communications major and a minor in sociology. She is a yoga instructor at Clark, as well as the manager for the Clark Field Hockey team. She has a deep love for sea turtles, the free people Instagram account, and card making. When she isn’t procrastinating school work she can be found on the sidelines of Clark athletics events, or hanging out with friends and family. Isabelle is really excited to be a contributing member of the Her Campus team. 
Annabelle is a Senior at Clark University, finishing her undergraduate studies in Business Management, and starting her MBA studies in the 5th year accelerated degree program at Clark. She loves fashion, photography, and writing!
Haley is a student at Clark University studying Management with plans to pursue an MBA. On campus you can find Haley working as an assistant in the President's Office, or dancing (like nobody's watching!) with Clark University Dance Society. Beyond campus she loves her cat, her cousins, and chocolate. Her favorite color is pink, and she could watch The Mindy Project for days. Haley is looking forward to being a part of the Her Campus Clark team!