5 Thoughts After Watching Thor: Ragnarok

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

It’s been a successful year for Marvel. Following in the wake of summer’s blockbuster hit Spider-Man: Homecoming, on November 3rd the long- awaited continuation of Thor’s story opened in theaters. As of today, Thor: Ragnarok made a whopping $431 million at the box office after only a week.

As a casual movie-goer and non-committed Marvel fan, I was anticipating this movie but not over excited for it… but after seeing it I realize I totally should have been! This movie was chock full of laughs, incredible imagery, interesting characters and more. Here are 5 thoughts I have after watching Thor: Ragnarok.

1. The graphics are absolutely stunning.

Visually speaking, the film is top notch and it shows. Not a single moment is untouched and exquisitely detailed. You can see all the hard work and dedication that went into every scene just by watching.

2. There were a few pleasant surprises!

I won’t spoil anything for you, but there’s a major actor in this movie that they managed to keep a secret up until the very day that it came out in theaters, and it isn’t the one in the GIF below. But Loki/Tom Hiddleston, we love you too.

3. Cate Blanchett as Hela = Perfection!

Easily one of the most enjoyable aspects of Thor: Ragnarok was Cate’s performance as the goddess of death Hela. She combines campy and terrifying in such a captivating way!

4. It was SO funny.

Like, even laugh out loud funny at certain points. If there’s one thing Marvel excels at, it’s entertainment to the max.

5. Incomparable epic fight scenes complete this film.

If you’ve ever seen a superhero movie you know that a good fight scene gets your attention, but a GREAT fight scene establishes conflict and keeps viewers on their feet throughout the whole movie. 10/10 would recommend.

See Thor: Ragnarok out in theaters!

Julia is a recent graduate of Clark University who loves reading, writing, and entertainment in any form. You can usually find her obsessing over a new show or movie. She shamelessly loves pop music and pop culture in general and her dog Izzie.
Alexis is a student at Clark University studying Spanish and Political Science. When she's not at the library you can find her watching Netflix (probably Bones or The Office), on the elliptical, on KJP's instagram, or reading the news. She's passionate about politics, travel, and fashion. Her goals for the future include getting a job after graduation and trying to live the ideal New England lifestyle. Alexis is very excited to be a new Campus Correspondent along with Annabelle Merlin. HCXO!