etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Steps to Plan a Last-Minute Spring Break Trip

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

You’ve been counting down to Spring Break since day three of the semester, and until last night you were planning on going home for some much-needed R&R. If you and your friends spontaneously decided to jump on a plane or a train and get away for break, but still haven’t figured out the details, this list is for you! Read on to learn our 5 tips to plan a fun (last minute!) Spring Break getaway.  

1. Figure out your budget:

Determine how much money you have to spend on a week of fun, and that will help you narrow down your options. It’s easy to get caught up in the fun of Spring Break and overspend, so setting a budget before you start planning will help keep your and your bank account happy.

2. Decide on a location:

Because Spring Break is exactly 2 weeks away, it’s probably most practical to go somewhere you can access by train, bus, or car. Always remember to check for student rates on train tickets and transportation.

3. Find accommodations:

Once you have your location it’s important to figure out how many other people are coming, so that you can book a hotel, hostel, or Airbnb. It’s also great to reach out to anyone you know who lives around where you are going so they can help you pick the best spot in the city to stay.

4. Do your research:

Once you’ve picked your location it is always fun to look up on Google or Pinterest what the fun things to do in that area are. You never know what you might find. Arriving with a few ideas of sights you want to see and places you want to eat will let you and your friends spend time relaxing and enjoying your break instead of figuring out logistics.

5. Packing:

Somehow after all that planning, packing is always the hardest step. Remember that you can always get whatever you forgot where you are going, but make sure to have the essentials like medicine, ID, and tickets.

Wherever you’re headed this Spring Break, collegiettes, safe travels!

Isabelle is a student at Clark University, who has declared as a Cultural Studies and Communications major and a minor in sociology. She is a yoga instructor at Clark, as well as the manager for the Clark Field Hockey team. She has a deep love for sea turtles, the free people Instagram account, and card making. When she isn’t procrastinating school work she can be found on the sidelines of Clark athletics events, or hanging out with friends and family. Isabelle is really excited to be a contributing member of the Her Campus team.