5 Lessons Jersey Shore Taught Us

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

After five years apart, the Jersey Shore cast reunited in Miami for a new season filled with even more drama and partying. Despite all the negative attention the show and cast have drawn to themselves, there are a lot of things that we can learn from our favorite guidos and guidettes:

1. Honesty is the best policy: Remember when Snooki and Jenni wrote that anonymous letter to Sammi to let her know everything Ronnie was doing when he was out partying? Because I sure do. It makes sense that they didn’t want to get tied into the drama by revealing themselves, but this led to a pretty bad falling out between Jenni and Sam, and could have easily been avoided had they just told her everything in person. The lesson here was to just be honest when you have something important to tell someone.  
  2. Relationships should make you a better version of yourself: I learned a lot about toxicity by watching the rollercoaster that was Ron and Sam’s relationship. First of all, if your partner ever gets physical with you, that’s reason enough to leave them. 
  3. Don’t judge a book by its cover: As physically “fake” as people claimed Jenni to be, she was one of the realest people in the house. She never got involved with drama unless it was something that involved, consistently spoke her mind, and stood up for her values. 
  4. Confidence is key: One of my favorite things about Snooki is how she genuinely does not care what other people think about her, her outfit, or what she’s doing. After struggling with an eating disorder in high school, she knows how important body positivity is.
  5. Good friends are for life: When you find someone you have a good connection with and who you can trust, never let go of them. Snooki and JWoww are definitely #friendshipgoals and we’ve learned a lot about what it means to be a good friend. They hype each other up, they’re honest with each other even when it’s hard, and they support each other no matter what.
Annabelle is a Senior at Clark University, finishing her undergraduate studies in Business Management, and starting her MBA studies in the 5th year accelerated degree program at Clark. She loves fashion, photography, and writing!