2017- 2018 NFL Season Preview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Hey collegiettes, it’s September, so you know what that means!  Football!  Football is more than wings, beer, and tight pants- it’s a lifestyle.  We are looking at a great 2017-2018 season!  The preseason games brought many successes and injuries to the NFL.  Keeping that in mind, here is the NFL season preview.

Photo courtesy of New England Patriots

The New England Patriots, as always, are looking tight coming into the season.  Led by the GOAT, Tom Brady, they are an unstoppable force of experience and skill.  Regretfully, Julian Edleman, receiver, was injured during a pre-season game.  This ACL injury leaves him out for the season.  While this is a devastating blow to the golden trio, Brady, Edelman, and Gronkowski, the Patriots should recover from the loss.  I know I’m rooting for another Patriots Superbowl this year!

Photo courtesy of Sports Illustrated 

Another team worth watching this season has to be the Oakland Raiders.   Lead by Derek Carr, Quarterback, they might be the top challenger to the Patriots this season.  Marshwan “Beastmode” Lynch is out of retirement and a force to be reckoned with!  Everyone better watch out, this running back is ready to rumble!  Keep your eyes on this hot team!

Photo courtesy of SBNation

Is this the year the Cleveland Browns will come out of their severe losing slump?  Johnny Manziel’s cocaine addiction really dragged the team down. However, DeShone Kizer could be a beacon of hope for the Browns.  He’s got the skills, footwork, and drive to lead this team to victory. 

Photo courtesy of the Dallas Cowboys

The Dallas Cowboys, the team everyone loves to hate, are coming in hot this season.  They’ll have to cope with the loss of Ezekiel Elliot, because he would rather beat women than beat his opponents.  The NFL has been met with great criticism for how they handle player’s situations of domestic violence.  However, they made the right move with Elliot.  That’s right folks he is suspended.  However, the savior for this team is Quarterback Dak Prescott.  His ability to run and throw is a dual threat that will keep defenses on edge.     

Photo courtesy of AJC

The real question on everyone’s minds is how the Atlanta Falcons will recover from their devastating Superbowl loss.  They have been the butt of every football joke since February.  They are dealing with some serious wounded egos.  They need to leave the past behind and enter the field with determination if they want to have a good season.  Matt Ryan, Quarterback, and Julio Jones, Wide Receiver, are quite the dynamic duo on and off the field.  They have the skills and perhaps the thirst for revenge to lead this team to victory. 

Alexis is a student at Clark University studying Spanish and Political Science. When she's not at the library you can find her watching Netflix (probably Bones or The Office), on the elliptical, on KJP's instagram, or reading the news. She's passionate about politics, travel, and fashion. Her goals for the future include getting a job after graduation and trying to live the ideal New England lifestyle. Alexis is very excited to be a new Campus Correspondent along with Annabelle Merlin. HCXO!