This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

It’s time to start thinking about Halloween costumes if you haven’t already. Instead of sticking with the typical, go-to costumes this year (who hasn’t thrown on ears, drawn whiskers with eyeliner and called yourself a cat?), try thinking outside the box with a Clark themed costume!

Individuals

1. Sigmund Freud – you can either go as the real person or take it one step further and be the statue version. Either way, you’ll need a three-piece suit and round black glasses. Adding a white beard will pull the whole costume together. 
  2. A Cougar ;) – there are two ways to do this costume, we’ll leave it up to you which one you choose…
  3. A Clark Squirrel – find some ears, a tail, furry socks and gloves and some grey facepaint. Top it all off with a Clark t-shirt and sweatpants and you’re good to go! Bonus points if you carry around acorns with you.
  4. Matthew McConnaughey in Sea of Trees – you’ll pretty much just need blue pants, a light blue button down shirt, grey sweater and a trench coat for this one. Add some glasses and a briefcase and even consider having your friends follow you around with cameras and phones out taking pictures of you everywhere you go.
  5. Your Favorite Dining Services Worker – if you dress as someone in the Café, you’ll really only need black pants, a white shirt and a black apron. You could even carry around the specific food item that your favorite dining services worker is responsible for. For example, carry around a sandwich if you’re Tammy or a pizza if you’re Tony!
  6. President Angel – add a pair of angel wings to a business suit and you have a foolproof costume. Make sure you stride purposefully wherever you go and everyone will know exactly who you are.
  7. A Jazzman’s Cup – we’ve all seen people dress as a Starbucks cup or Dunkin Donuts cup, so why not a Jazzman’s cup? You’ll need a brown dress as the base of the costume and from there you just have to add the Jazzman’s logo to your stomach and a coffee cup lid on your head.  
  8. A First Year – you’ll have to dig out your old lanyard and red drawstring backpack from Week One for this costume. If you can find your freshman class t-shirt, even better!

Couples or Friends

1. John Baker and a Stickleback – this has been done at Clark before and may be one of the most legendary costumes this campus has seen. For professor Baker, you can do a lab coat, glasses and a mustache. For the stickleback, you’ll need fins and scales. These scaly leggings would be perfect!
  2. Challenge Convention Change Our World – if you have a group of friends each of you can be one word of this unmistakable Clarkie motto. Similar to Fiat Lux, decorating t-shirts can be the extent of your costume making for this one.
  3. Fiat Lux – you can get real creative with this one or just keep it simple and have one of you wear a shirt that says “Fiat” and the other “Lux.”
  4. Robert Goddard and a Rocket – a lab coat paired with a suit and tie will suffice for Dr. Goddard. For the rocket, you’ll need something cylindrical for your body and a cone shaped structure on your head. You could use either foam or cardboard to make this, and cover the whole thing in silver paint or aluminum foil. Adding flames to your pants or shoes will take this costume out of this world!

What are you planning to be this Halloween, collegiettes?

Haley is a student at Clark University studying Management with plans to pursue an MBA. On campus you can find Haley working as an assistant in the President's Office, or dancing (like nobody's watching!) with Clark University Dance Society. Beyond campus she loves her cat, her cousins, and chocolate. Her favorite color is pink, and she could watch The Mindy Project for days. Haley is looking forward to being a part of the Her Campus Clark team!
Samantha Coleman is a student at Clark University, in the midst of pursuing a degree in English and Women and Gender Studies. She thoroughly enjoys reading and analyzing literature, especially literature that pertains to the impacts of women on society, which she knows is a hefty impact! Among reading, she is an avid writer, where she creates works that help women feel confident in their own skin. You can find her stretching out on a yoga mat, catching up on personal reading, or throwing punches at a boxing gym. While she hopes to pursue a career in teaching English literature, Samantha is very excited to write for Her Campus.
Annabelle is a Senior at Clark University, finishing her undergraduate studies in Business Management, and starting her MBA studies in the 5th year accelerated degree program at Clark. She loves fashion, photography, and writing!
Isabelle is a student at Clark University, who has declared as a Cultural Studies and Communications major and a minor in sociology. She is a yoga instructor at Clark, as well as the manager for the Clark Field Hockey team. She has a deep love for sea turtles, the free people Instagram account, and card making. When she isn’t procrastinating school work she can be found on the sidelines of Clark athletics events, or hanging out with friends and family. Isabelle is really excited to be a contributing member of the Her Campus team. 
Gaby is an undergraduate student at Clark University majoring in Sociology with a concentration in Race and Ethnic Relations. On campus, she is a goalkeeper on Clark's field hockey team, a mentor and member of the curriculum team for All Kinds of Girls, and a volunteer for Youth Outreach- Worcester. When she's not worrying about school, she enjoys spending time with her friends, listening to music, and catching up on her favorite Netflix shows (specifically Jane the Virgin and How to Get Away With Murder). Gaby is very excited to be a part of the Clark Her Campus team!  
Oliva is an undergraduate student the Clark University studing Envroinmetnal Science on a 3/2 Engineering track for Columbia University. On campus she is a foward for the field hockey team and an outfeilder for the softball team. In her free time she enjoys catching up on novels and tv shows when not studing. Some of her favorite shows include Once Upon a Time, House of Cards, Bones, and Arrow. Olivia is extremly happy to be a part of the Clark chapter of Her Caampus.
Kelly is a student at Clark University pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Cultural Studies and Communications with a minor in Business Management. When Kelly is not in class, you can find her working in the Education Department at The Hanover Theatre, teaching Zumba classes and dancing her heart out with Clark University's Dance Society. Her favorite color is pink (especially Her Campus pink!) and she loves everything monogrammed. Kelly enjoys spending time with her friends, family, boyfriend, and two adorable cats. Kelly is thrilled to be a new Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Ciara Kilian. Follow along with her on Instagram and Twitter @kellrour HCXO!