You’re Beautiful Regardless

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

Ever since my sophomore or junior year in high school, I have been a HUGE makeup junkie. I have multiples of various eyeliners, lipsticks, mascara, foundation and especially highlighters.  I vividly remember waking up 30 to 40 minutes early just to do my face before heading out the door. Often times, after checking the finished product after arriving at school, I would be disappointed in what I saw. I’ve never really had terrible skin so there was truly no need for me to cake on as much foundation (the wrong color might I add) as I did. I stuck to this habit of painting on my face everyday for a long time but I never stopped to think about why I was doing it. I guess I thought that the process was fun and it was cool to try out new products but over time, my thoughts on makeup as well as my habits have changed. 

This is me. In this photo I am not wearing an ounce of makeup. A few years ago I would have felt very vulnerable and even naked going out like this. Today, I feel free and very confident in myself with or without makeup. Most days I actually prefer to go without it. I guess you could say I’ve had a bit of an epiphany. I’ve reassessed makeup’s place in my life and I decided that in the long run, I value the overall health of my skin. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still liable to apply a blinding highlight on any given day but I have definitely simplified my beauty routine and amplified my skincare routine. It has taken some time but I’m so glad that I’ve accepted the fact that regardless of what is or isn’t on my face, I am beautiful. 

I challenge you to participate in the #TakeTheDayOffChallenge just like me! #CliniqueDonates #PinkRibbon25 #CliniqueAmbassador 

Check out more information here.