When is the Right Time?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

As a woman in today’s society, fashion is a very important aspect of any day. What top will go with what bottoms? Which shoes should I wear, heels or flats? One of the most important questions is when to bring out certain items of clothing. We all see the articles about the fashions of the season and who rocks them. With so many fashion icons such as Beyoncé, Kim Kardashian, and Rihanna, it is hard to keep up with the ever changing styles. Most of us have those clothes in our closet that we absolutely had to have at one point in time and now never wear. Maybe we saw it on someone else or thought it would look a certain way on us, but now it just sits there on the hanger until you want to try it out again. I think that what is “in style” or “in season,” shouldn’t matter as long as you feel comfortable in it. I have seen women go out with shorts, sweater, and snow boots and totally own the look. On the other hand I have seen looks with a huge fur, bodysuit, jeans, and knee high boots that look amazing. Whatever you are feeling for the days outfit, just make sure you own the look. Wear that hoodie in the summer and those sandals in the winter. Don’t let other people tell you what is okay or not when it comes to your body and your style. The problem with today’s society of women is that we care way too much about what others think of us. I for one, am a huge example. When I’m getting ready in the morning I am wondering if people are going to compliment me on my clothes, shoes, makeup, or even my jewelry. If you take a look in the mirror on your way out and are satisfied at what you see, then you are set for the day. Nothing about anyone’s feelings towards your fit should take away your confidence. Just be a boss about it and love your self.