What Are The Best Thanksgiving Foods?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

When thinking about Thanksgiving, most people automatically think about all the delicious foods that are served on this holiday. From the turkey to the cranberry sauce, there are so many dishes that are associated with Thanksgiving. Here’s how people voted when asked what their favorite Thanksgiving dish is:

1. Turkey

This is the signature dish of Thanksgiving. You cannot think about Thanksgiving without also thinking about turkey, even if it is not your favorite part of the dish. At the time of this article being written, turkey was 33% of people’s favorite Thanksgiving food.

2. Pies

There are multiple pies associated with Thanksgiving, such as pumpkin, apple, sweet potato and pecan. With such variety, it is no surprise that pies are the second most favored Thanksgiving dish with 17% of people voting for them.

3. Mashed Potatoes

I will admit, mashed potatoes are my favorite Thanksgiving food. They are simplistic and are a staple for any holiday meal, because they pair so well with so many other foods. They were 15% of people’s favorite dish.

4. Stuffing

I think you can group stuffing with mashed potatoes. They are both side dishes, both very simple, and both can pair well with a lot of foods. Stuffing was only one percent below mashed potatoes, with it getting 14% of the votes.

5. Rolls

What is there to say about rolls? Everyone, or at least almost everyone, loves bread. They are perfect for when you need to soak up some leftover gravy on your plate and you can never go wrong with rolls. In fact, they received 7% of the votes.

6. Cranberry Sauce/Yams

This was a tie, with both dishes receiving 5% of the votes. I’ll be completely honest, I have never eaten either cranberry sauce or yams, but I know both dishes are a staple when it comes to Thanksgiving. Does anyone even eat cranberry sauce any other time of the year?

7. Gravy

Coming in last is gravy, which I wasn’t even sure was an actual dish on its own. I guess that can be a debate for another time. I love gravy, it is the glue that brings the whole meal together and there is something special about Thanksgiving gravy. It received 4% of the votes.

I collected these results from a survey conducted by Google. To participate in this survey, click here! 

N/A