photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

The Voice: Who’s Going to the Live Playoffs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

Knockout rounds just finished and that means Monday night is the start of the Live Playoffs! Each team is down to five contestants now. Here is who is left in the competition:

Team Adam

1.  Mark Isaiah

Mark is 19-years-old and sounds a lot like Justin Bieber, which makes sense since he won a singing contest for Justin Bieber’s movie Never Say Never.

2. Jesse Larson

Jesse is 34-year-old and from Minneapolis, Minnesota. Adam was the only coach to turn around for him and loves not only his guitar playing abilities, but his voice as well.

3. Josh West

Josh West is a teenager from Glendale, Arizona. He got a four-chair turn for singing Duran Duran’s Ordinary World and has been wowing people ever since. Josh and Adam automatically clicked with each other over similar taste in music.

4. Hanna Eyre

Hanna is just 15-years-old and from Orange County, California. She works as a piano teacher for money and has 13 students. She is also enrolled in the Orange County School of the Arts.

5. Lilli Passero

Lilli is originally from Team Alicia but wasn’t picked during the Knockout Round and ended up being stolen by Adam. Both Adam and Blake wanted her on their team but she chose Team Adam.

Team Alicia

1. Anatalia Villaranda

Anatalia is 16-years-old and got a four-chair turn during the blind auditions for singing Runaway Baby and has been killing it ever since.

2. Stephanie Rice

Stephanie shared her heartbreaking story of being disowned by her family for being a lesbian after her powerful performance of Kelly Clarkson’s Piece by Piece. She was originally on Team Gwen but got stolen by Alicia after she lost a Knockout round.

3. Ashley Levin

Ashley was originally on Team Blake but lost the Knockout Round. Adam, Gwen, and Alicia all wanted to steal her but she ended up picking Alicia as her new coach.

4. Vanessa Ferguson

Vanessa got a three-chair turn during the blind auditions for singing Don’t Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers. She also killed her performances during the battle and Knockout rounds.

5. Chris Blue

Chris was the last artist to perform during the blind auditions and earned the last spot available on Team Alicia. The other coaches said if their teams weren’t full, they would have turned for him too.

Team Gwen 

1. JChosen

JChosen was the first to sing during the blind auditions and got a four-chair turn quickly for singing Sexual Healing. He’s been killing performances ever since.

2. Brennley Brown

Brennley is 14-years-old and was originally on Team Blake. She was stolen by Gwen during the battle rounds.

3. Troy Ramey

Troy earned himself a four-chair turn for singing Wild World by Cat Stevens. He won the battle round and the Knockout round, landing himself a place in the live playoffs.

4. Hunter Plake

Hunter is a 20-year-old who lost his home, car, and church in the Baton Rouge floods. He sang Fun’s Carry On and got chair turns from Gwen and Alicia. Gwen stole him during the battle rounds.

5. Quizz Swanigan

Quizz is 13-years-old and sang Who’s Lovin You by Jackson 5 for his blind audition. He was originally on Team Alicia but was stolen by Gwen during the Knockout round.

Team Blake

1. Lauren Duski

Lauren sang You Were Meant for Me by Jewel for her blind audition and got a three-chair turn. She won the battle round and Knockout round, earning herself a place in the live playoffs.

2. Aliyah Moulden

Aliyah is 15-years-old and earned herself a three-chair turn for singing Hound Dog during her blind audition. She won the battle round with singing Walking on Sunshine and the Knockout round with singing Carrie Underwood’s Before He Cheats.

3. Casi Joy

Casi got a four-chair turn for singing and yodeling Blue by Leann Rimes. Every time she yodeled during the song, a chair turned.

4. Aaliyah Rose

Aaliyah is 14-years-old and sang Rise by Andra Day for her blind audition. Gwen was the only coach to turn for her. Blake stole her during the Knockout rounds when she lost.

5. TSoul

TSoul is 29-years-old and got a two-chair turn for singing Take Me to the River. He surprisingly picked Blake for his coach over Adam and has been killing it ever since.

Tune in on Monday April 17 and Tuesday April 18 at 8pm on NBC to see the Live Playoffs!