This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

Although there is still roughly two months left in 2018, I like to look forward to what is to come in the future, especially when thinking about next year’s movie releases. Of course some things are bound to change from now to then, including release dates and the official synopsis for each film, but here are is my list of all the movies releases that I am looking forward to in 2019 as of right now. 

1. Eli – January 4th

“A boy receiving treatment for his auto-immune disorder discovers that the house he’s living isn’t as safe as he thought.”

2. Glass – January 19th

“Security guard David Dunn uses his supernatural abilities to track Kevin Wendell Crumb, a disturbed man who has twenty-four personalities.”

3. Escape Room – February 1st 

“Six strangers find themselves in circumstances beyond their control, and must use their wits to survive.”

4. Jacob’s Ladder – February 1st

“After returning home from the Vietnam War, veteran Jacob Singer struggles to maintain his sanity. Plagued by hallucinations and flashbacks, Singer rapidly falls apart as the world and people around him morph and twist into disturbing images.”

5. The Prodigy – February 8th

“A mother concerned about her young son’s disturbing behavior thinks something supernatural may be affecting him.”

6. Happy Death Day 2U – February 15th

“Sequel to the 2017 film ‘Happy Death Day’.”

7. Isn’t It Romantic – February 15th

“A young woman disenchanted with love mysteriously finds herself trapped inside a romantic comedy.”

8. The Turning – February 22nd

“A young governess is hired by a man who has become responsible for his young nephew and niece after the deaths of their parents. A modern take on Henry James’ novella ‘The Turn of the Screw’.”

9. Fighting with My Family – March 1st

“A former wrestler and his family make a living performing at small venues around the country while his kids dream of joining World Wrestling Entertainment.”

10. Us – March 15th

“Plot unknown. Described as a “social horror-thriller”.”

11. Five Feet Apart – March 22nd

“A pair of teenagers with life-threatening illnesses meet in a hospital and fall in love.”

12. Pet Sematary – April 5th

“Louis Creed, his wife Rachel and their two children Gage and Ellie move to a rural home where they are welcomed and enlightened about the eerie ‘Pet Sematary’ located near their home. After the tragedy of their cat being killed by a truck, Louis resorts to burying it in the mysterious pet cemetery, which is definitely not as it seems, as it proves to the Creeds that sometimes, dead is better.”

13. After – April 12th

“A young girl falls for a guy with a dark secret and the two embark on a rocky relationship. Based on the novel by Anna Todd.”

14. The Curse of La Llorona – April 19th

“Ignoring the eerie warning of a troubled mother suspected of child endangerment, a social worker and her own small kids are soon drawn into a frightening supernatural realm.”

15. The Intruder – April 26th

“A psychological thriller about a young married couple who buys a beautiful Napa Valley house on several acres of land only to find that the man they bought it from refuses to let go of the property.”

16. The Sun Is Also a Star – May 17th

“A teenager finds love at a difficult time in her family’s life.”

17. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood – July 26th

“A faded TV actor and his stunt double embark on an odyssey to make a name for themselves in the film industry during the Helter Skelter reign of terror in 1969 Los Angeles.”

18. Grudge – August 16th

“A house is cursed by a vengeful ghost that dooms those who enter it with a violent death.”

19. It: Chapter Two – September 6th

“27 years later, the Losers Club have grown up and moved away, until a devastating phone call brings them back.”

20. The Woman in the Window – October 4th

“An agoraphobic woman living alone in New York begins spying on her new neighbors only to witness a disturbing act of violence.”

21. Zombieland 2 – October 11th

“Columbus, Tallahasse, Wichita, and Little Rock move from the White House to the American heartland as they face off against evolved zombies and fellow survivors.”

22. Are You Afraid of the Dark? – October 11th

“Plot unknown. Feature film based on the Nickelodeon series, ‘Are You Afraid of the Dark?'”

23. Kingsman 3 – November 8th

“Plot unknown. Third installment of the ‘Kingsman’ franchise.”

24. Queen & Slim – November 29th

“A couple’s first date takes an unexpected turn when a police officer pulls them over.”

25. Untitled Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle Sequel – December 13th

“Plot kept under wraps.”

Movie descriptions from IMDb

Gif credit: giphy