Style > Beauty

Red and Pink After Valentine’s Day?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

So, Valentine’s Day is the one day of the year where everyone freaks all the way out. People are scrambling to buy gifts and goodies for that special someone. While it’s easy to get caught up in these festivities, it’s important to show yourself some love! What better way to do that than wearing a makeup look that will have you drooling over your reflection in the mirror. Here are a few eyeshadow looks that you may feel inspired to recreate all month long! 

1. Pink Shadow with Glitter

This look is the perfect mix of shades of pink with a partial glitter lid. This is great for those just starting out with eyeshadows. Just blend, add glitter and mascara!

2. Smoked Red Liner & Red Mascara

If your style is bold, this is the look for you! A simple smudged eyeliner look is amplified by adding a colored mascara. Faux freckles are optional!

3. Red Glossy Lids

Glossy lids are rising in popularity in the beauty community and it might be time for you to give it a try. Use your favorite red, orange, and purple shadows to create the perfect gradient. The glossy look can be achieved by adding a gel like Neosporin on top of your shadow with a flat brush. Don’t rub! Just lightly dab on. 

4. Dark Red Shadow, a Classic Wing, and Glitter Liner

Get ready to blend for your life! This look requires skill! Use a mixture of red and purple shadows to get your desired look then create a sharp wing with your favorite black liner. Add a glitter stripe above your wing and a pair of false lashes to add more drama!

5. Bright Red Liner

An easier look to do, this simple wing in a vivid red will draw loads of attention. Use your liner of choice paired with a few coats of mascara and you’re done!