courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Letter to You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

Dear Mom,

I know that I may not say this nearly as much as I should so here it goes. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for bringing me into this world. There are many people who start off in life with no one there for them. Fortunately, God saw that I would need a courageous mother in my life.  I appreciate all of those nights you stayed awake with me wishing for just 30 minutes of sleep and even now that I am in college. You stay awake with me until I finish my work, or until you can’t take it anymore. How many people can say that they have a mother that does that?! I am so proud to call you my mother. I have looked up to you since I can remember. Seeing someone so strong and brave gave me hope that one day I could maybe live up to half of the woman that you are. Knowing that I always have and always will have you by my side brings me peace of mind because I know that if I can’t count on anyone else, you will be right there arms spread. Herbevelynne Norris, you are the greatest thing that could ever happen to me and I thank God every day that he gave you to me. I love you more than you know and hope that you know that deep in your heart. Happy Mother’s Day.

Your Daughter,

Sasha Norris