Glowing Summer Skin = #Goals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

Summer is quickly approaching and on top of working towards a banging body let’s not forget to take care of our skin. Just because its summer, it doesn’t mean you should completely neglect all of your responsibilities. Here are a few tips to keep your skin healthy all summer long. 

What’s your type?

Knowing your skin type is a major key when looking for products to use. Are you oily? Do you have dry flaky skin? Is your skin acne prone? Are you struggling to correct redness or dark spots? These are questions you should ask yourself as you search for items you’ll be using. There are thousands of brands and products out there. Narrowing them down based on your skin type can save you time and prevent many headaches. Products are often tailored to certain skin types so coming into a store with your concerns in mind will be super beneficial. 

Find your rhythm

Once you identify what type of skin you’re working with and have a few holy grail products, it’s time to put them to use. Create a daily skin care regimine that works for you. Most brands have products that are meant to be used together and can actually be bought in bundles. No matter what, it is important to have at least these three steps in your routine: Cleanse, Tone, and Moisturize. Washing your face daily will remove dirt and bacteria from your face that accumulates from sweat and other elements. Your toner of choice should be used after you wash to get rid of any yucky stuff your cleanser missed as well as restoring the ph balance in your skin. Lastly, moisturizing restores the moisture lost from washing your face and keeps it from drying throughout the day. This is a basic skin care routine but you can adjust it to include more or less.

Defense!

With plenty of sunny days ahead, it is important to incorporate protection into your regimine. Sunscreen is an easy way to moisturize and protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. It can be applied as a lotion, cream or spray depending on your preference. A vitamin C serum also serves as protection. Not only does it protect, it also eliminates dark spots as it brightens your skin.

What’s on the inside counts…

You are what you eat… Eating junk food all summer probably isn’t the best thing to do if you want glowing skin. Eating fruits and veggies is a way better option. Drinking water will also do wonders for your skin. Eating healthier will help your entire body overall. Try out a new healthy recipe! 

#Treatyoself 

I absolutely LOVE face masks! They are so fun and easy to do. I also get a kick out of sending selfies to my friends when I have a mask on. You can pick up some affordable ones from the store or look up some diy recipes you can try at home. What better way to undwind after a long day than looking like a monster while perfecting your skin?  As much as I love them, I wouldn’t recommend doing a mask every day. Do your favorite mask 2-3 times a week and you will see results!