This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

October is right around the corner, which means two things to me: Halloween and horror movies. Although I personally enjoy watching straight horror films, I do realize that not everyone loves them. For that reason, I decided to list some of my favorite comedic horror films to watch this October (or all year-round)!

1. Zombieland

“A shy student trying to reach his family in Ohio, a gun-toting tough guy trying to find the last Twinkie, and a pair of sisters trying to get to an amusement park join forces to travel across a zombie-filled America.”

2. Tucker and Dale vs Evil

“Affable hillbillies Tucker and Dale are on vacation at their dilapidated mountain cabin when they are mistaken for murderers by a group of preppy college students.”

3. The Cabin in the Woods

“Five friends go for a break at a remote cabin, where they get more than they bargained for, discovering the truth behind the cabin in the woods.”

4. Hatchet

“When a group of tourists in a New Orleans haunted swamp tour, find themselves stranded in the wilderness, their evening of fun and spooks turns into a horrific nightmare.”

5. Shaun of the Dead

“A man decides to turn his moribund life around by winning back his ex-girlfriend, reconciling his relationship with his mother, and dealing with an entire community that has returned from the dead to eat the living.”

gif credits: giphy, Tenor, tumblr; synopsis for movies from IMDb.com