This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

1. Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween

“Halloween comes to life in a comedy adventure based on R.L. Stine’s 400-million-selling series of books.”

2. Bad Times at the El Royale

“Seven strangers, each with a secret to bury, meet at Lake Tahoe’s El Royale, a rundown hotel with a dark past. Over the course of one fateful night, everyone will have a last shot at redemption – before everything goes to hell.”

3. Halloween

“Laurie Strode comes to her final confrontation with Michael Myers, the masked figure who has haunted her since she narrowly escaped his killing spree on Halloween night four decades ago.”

4. The Hate U Give

“Starr witnesses the fatal shooting of her childhood best friend Khalil at the hands of a police officer. Now, facing pressures from all sides of the community, Starr must find her voice and stand up for what’s right.”

5. Bohemian Rhapsody

“A chronicle of the years leading up to Queen’s legendary appearance at the Live Aid (1985) concert.”

6. Suspiria

“A darkness swirls at the center of a world-renowned dance company, one that will engulf the artistic director, an ambitious young dancer, and a grieving psychotherapist. Some will succumb to the nightmare. Others will finally wake up.”

7. The Silence

“The story of a family struggling to survive in a world terrorized by a deadly, primeval species who have bred for decades in the pitch darkness of a vast underground cave system, hunting only with their acute hearing. As the family seeks refuge in a remote haven where they can wait out the invasion, they start to wonder what kind of world will remain when they’re ready to emerge.”

8. Holmes & Watson

“A humorous take on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s classic mysteries featuring Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson.”

gif credit: giphy

movie description credit: IMDb