Style > Beauty

Colourpop Cosmetics- First Time User Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

From one makeup junky to another,

Hi, I’m Courtney and I have a compulsive makeup-purchasing addiction. I’m not ashamed either. I really love trying new brands and experimenting with the funkiest colors I can find. I have been extremely skeptical of Colourpop Cosmetics for months. I asked around with my friends to see if anyone had ever ordered from them, and didn’t get one yes. They have a really great website laid out, and really know how to show off their products. A few weeks ago, I decided to order two super shock shadows, and two lippie stix.

My thought process while waiting for my mail to arrive was, “alright this stuff might be junk because each shadow was $5 apiece.” I was so wrong. The formula and pigments are like nothing I have ever owned, the packaging is adorable, and the names of the shades are so fun it makes me squeal.

I opened my shadows, and decided to do a pink cat-eye look. Here is what I used to create my entire look:

Super Shock Shadow in the shade “Don’t Leave” – $5.00

Super Shock Shadow in the shade “Twitterpated” – $5.00

Super Shock Shadow in the shade “Frog” – $5.00

Super Shock Highlighter in the shade “Flexitarian” – $8.00

Lippie Stix in the shade “Lumière” – $5.50

Ultra Glossy Lip in the shade “Tight Fit” – $6.00

Golden State of Mind Palette – $20.00

And here was my finished look… 

Senior @ Clarion, studying Communications & Journalism. I sing in my school's A Cappella group, I play the ukulele and I love Her Campus with my whole heart.