Be Comfortable in Your Own Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

Makeup is a common thing for young girls, teens, and woman to put on daily. In society, its shown that wearing make up is the norm. Young girls look up to celebrities and say “I want to look like that.” As you get older, you wear makeup more and more. You get better at doing your make up and try new styles.

Every woman should be free to wear or to not wear makeup. They shouldn’t be judged on how hot they look with or without make up. I used to get made fun of for not being like every other girls in my class because I didn’t wear makeup or look like everyone else. I learned to feel comfortable in my own skin. I shouldn’t have to wear makeup because everyone else does. I should be able to wear it when I want without being judged for it.

I still do not wear makeup every day. And I am completely okay with that. It makes me feel uncomfortable sometimes because of how people look at me. But then I look at myself and I feel good about how I look.

So I challenge every woman to take their make up off and feel comfortable in their own skin. You’re all beautiful and it doesn’t matter about how others look at us. It’s about your comfort in your own skin.

#CliniqueDonates #TakeTheDayOffChallenge #PinkRibbon25 #CliniqueAmbassador