15 Reasons Why Your Best Friend Is Actually Your Significant Other

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

1. They tell you the truth no matter how hurtful the outcome is.

Your best friend is never scared to hurt your feelings. With fashion advice, dating advice, or if you need to ask her if you seem like an alcoholic, she will be sure to tell you the truth. Don’t be alarmed though, because at the end of the day, we all know she means the best and you will love her unconditionally.

2. Your bestie is basically the only person you need in your life to feel complete.

At the end of the day, the person you turn to chat about the day’s issues and, gossip, is not your actual lover, your mother, but your sister from another mister. Unlike your real lover of which you have to ask those to repeat what you said to make sure they are listening, your bestie actually listens to what you say and her responses directly relate to what you just told her.

3. When you are dating someone, they are also dating that person.

I am sure your bestie has received plenty of screenshots, goofy pictures, and god knows what else of the person you are currently dating. She knows his favorite colors and even things you probably should not say to anyone else. Oh well! She needs to know all the details and your significant other needs to know that if he doesn’t like it, he can leave.

4. They are there for you through all of your mental break downs.

No matter what life throws at your, your best girlfriend is the one who is always there for you during your struggles. No matter what she will be by your side to calm down all your nerves and reassure you that everything will eventually be okay.

5. You text each other 24/7.

Your best friend is most likely the only person you consistently text throughout the whole day… just about every day. You may even text her more than your actual significant other…

6. You both are needy for each other’s attention.

If you and your bestie just so happen to not be texting throughout the day, I am sure either you or your bestie will receive a text saying something along the lines of “We haven’t talked in forever!”

7. You let your bestie do whatever she feels is right and you’re always by her side throughout it.

You and your bestie both will make stupid decisions together and apart, but no matter what she chooses, you will always give her the support she needs and you reassure her that if something ever doesn’t turn out as planned, you will be right by her side.

8. When you two are apart from each other all you want to do is be back together.

If you two don’t permanently live close together where you can see each other during breaks there always seems to be some withdrawal symptoms. This means that you should probably not be apart for your bestie for more than a couple days.

9. They never judge you.

No matter what idiotic ideas you come up with, your bestie will never judge you because she knows you would never judge her for her dumb decisions.

10. You can say whatever you want to them.

Some of the things that come out of your mouth to her probably should never be heard by other people, but she doesn’t care because she says the same crap as well.

11. Sometimes you fake date each other.

Just to get away from the creep that keeps staring at you, sometimes you need to act like you are dating. Or sometimes you just need to be lovey to them to make sure they are getting the attention they deserve.

12. If you don’t talk to your BFF all day you both get upset.

If you both have not talked the whole day, there will be a fake fight followed by constant rambling of what happened since you both have talked (which let’s be real, it was probably not even 24 hours ago)

13. You are able to talk about all the people you hate and they feel the same way.

She knows all the girls and boys you hate and she hates them the same amount, if not more.

14. You always remind each other of how amazing and beautiful they are.

Whenever they are feeling down, you are always there to pick them back up with compliments. You always make sure that they are amazing and beautiful inside and out.

15. You actually question if you are dating each other.

Every once in a while, you think to yourself… “Maybe she’s the one” because all of these things are true and more.

Clarion University '18.