This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at City London chapter.

Christmas is by definition the party season. It’s the time of the year when you can try, dare and exaggerate. We know you are ready to give your eyes the festive look they deserve. But what’s your style? Are you more glamorous, sophisticated or eccentric? Let’s figure it out!

The Luxurious: If for you Christmas means splendour, gold and sparkles, you are without doubt the Luxurious type. Metallic hues, especially gold, warm up all skin tones and add a rich luxe touch to your beauty routine. The trick with gilded shadows is to mix them with a tiny brush of silver or brown: this will make your make-up look natural and intense.

• Apply a little touch of the colour you have chosen starting from the middle of your crease to the outer corner and blend it with a gold eye-shadow in the center of your lid.
  • You can also apply a white shimmery colour on your browbone and blend to make your look stand out even more.
  • To get an absolutely glamorous make-up complete it with black thick eyelashes, maybe with a shiny touch on the tops if you want a catchy look. Black or brown eyeliner and the compulsory mascara would be the perfect finish detail.
  • Avoid loud make-up on the rest of your face with glittery eyes: on your lips use a natural colour or a simple gloss, and don’t exaggerate with the blush (peachy or coral tones are the best options).

The Ice Queen: All you are looking for are cool shades, winter tones, sparkling eye-shadows and dramatic silver smokey-eyes? If you want is to look sophisticated for Christmas, you will adore the Ice Queen make-up style. Silver can be used with every eye colour, especially if metallic, just remember to give some depth and definition with a darker shade, like blue, dark grey or black.

• Apply silver on all your lid (or, more specifically, on the eye-ball) and then blend with a dark blue eye-shadow on the outer half of it. Blend with a matt white eye-shadow on the browbone and use a grey pencil or an eye-shadow on the lower lash line of the eye.
  • If you are worried that the blue part is too bright, you can weaken it with a brush of a neutral shade.
  • You can also play with colours and switch blue and silver to get a more dramatic look. It is important to keep in mind that blue is not appropriate for every eye colour: avoid it if you have green or blue eyes!
  • The final touch consists in applying a black eyeliner to the top of your eyelashes. To have an absolutely wintery look, try a white pencil instead or dam some liquid silver sparkles on the inner part of your eye.

The Christmas-freak: Honestly, is there something more seasonal than red and green for Christmas? If you are extravagant enough to use those traditional colours in the same make-up, this type matches you! Dark green, like the firs one, is perfect for Christmas.

• Apply it on the upper lid, firstly from the outer corner in, and then from the inner corner, leaving the center blank.
  • Then blend the two sides with a touch of white, silver or gold – as you prefer – in the center.
  • Apply a white matt eye-shadow on the browbone and blend with some red the external part.
  • Define the look with some black eyeliner on the outer corner of your lower lash line. A touch of glittery powder on the lids could be the final festive touch.
  • Another alternative could be to use a blended red eye shadow and define it with a dark green eye-pencil. Play with the colours carefully… And if you are in a funny mood draw a small cute Chistmas tree or an holly branch on the external side of your eye.

Remember to avoid using an eye shadow that has the same colour of your eyes, or it will take away the attention from them. Use pale shades to open-up small eyes or dark ones to make them look smaller. Get ready for the party… And Merry Christmas!

Images from: candy-rae.tumblr, paklinks.com, foreverfabolouslyyoung, lederniercri.it, rel8asblespam.tumblr, lipstickonyourpillow

Irreverent journalist, creative head of Ciao Mamma!, polyglot writer and curious filmmaker. Originally from Italy, I made my way to the big city to follow my dream of becoming a reporter. I love art, politics, frogs and halloumi. Check out my website: www.ciaomamma.it Connect on LinkedIn: uk.linkedin.com/in/martinaandretta/