Spring Break Survival Kit: Essentials for the Perfect Holiday

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at City London chapter.

Spring holidays are just around the corner and we all need to get ready for the summer. So what could be better than free beauty products to keep you looking your best? That’s why Her Campus City London team was beyond excited to receive the Spring Break Survival Kit!

Thanks to Her Campus and our amazing sponsors, we have been given the opportunity of trying some products. We gathered over delicious milkshakes at Issy’s Milky Way in Camden Passage to open our magic box… And we weren’t disappointed! 

• TREsemme’s Keratin 7 Day Smooth collectionStressed hair can be easily spotted, especially during this time of the year, with assignments, exams and internships’ applications. Finding the time to give your hair the TLC it needs might be hard, but worry no longer ladies! TREsemme’s Keratin Shampoo is on hand to help.  

This product contains keratin, which is a naturally occurring protein in hair. It means that the keratin in the shampoo will bind with your hair much more easily and get better results. The shampoo smells sweet but not overpowering, and the feel of it is luxurious. The product gets to work straight away: right after shower my hair felt much smoother and more manageable. The conditioner works well too and washes out very easily, which is a must! A lot of conditioners on the market are very hard to rinse out on thick long hair, and therefore not really effective.  

Afterwards my hair had a lot less tangles and it was much easier to brush out (which is excellent, because who has time to waste on brushing out tangles when you could be doing much more important things?!). The next step – my favourite – is to use the Heat Activated Treatment serum. The serum works so well with a small quantity of product, doesn’t weigh your hair down, absorbs well, and doesn’t leave a sticky feeling (which I’ve found a lot of hair treatments do). To use, simply smooth it on then comb through so that hair is coated evenly.

• Zotos Professional: Biotera Ultra colour care conditionerFor those lovely ladies out there who have damaged coloured hair we’ve picked out Zotos Professional conditioner. This conditioner is specifically made to nourish and repair colour treated hair. It contains no silicone or parabens, which enables hair to retain colour as well as being highly hydrating. Since my hair is not coloured I passed this onto a friend in order to give you an authentic review.

The first noticeable thing about the conditioner is the smell, coconut with a hint of vanilla, good enough to eat! It feels luxurious on the hair and rinses out easily as well. There were no signs of fading even after using the conditioner twice; in fact colour looked sharper and revived. It also makes hair softer, smoother and feeling clean, rather than weighed down with dozens of chemicals. 

Would you like to try the products too? Then you should definitely take part in the competition that we will launch in the next weeks. You could also have a chance to win:

• Wayfarer-style sunglasses
  • Two soft cupholders (blue and pink!)
  • Our HerCampus cup/penholder
  • Chipotle Buy One-Get One vouchers: Fancy a gourmet burrito at one of the best Mexican chains in the UK? With this voucher you will be able to eat two at the price of one. Isn’t that great?
  • Yokini Swimwear 20% discount:  Bottom’s up, collegiettes! Yokini Swimsuit brings the coveted yoga pant fold-over feature to the bikini. Flaunt your bikini bod in a Bottom.

Does it sound good? Follow us in the next weeks!

Irreverent journalist, creative head of Ciao Mamma!, polyglot writer and curious filmmaker. Originally from Italy, I made my way to the big city to follow my dream of becoming a reporter. I love art, politics, frogs and halloumi. Check out my website: www.ciaomamma.it Connect on LinkedIn: uk.linkedin.com/in/martinaandretta/