This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at City London chapter.

Studying for a degree is very time-consuming, as we all collegiettes know. It doesn’t leave time to indulge in any sort of “me-time”, and because of that our skincare routines suffer. Don’t worry though as I have found one product that can change all that!

The beauty market is flooded with countless creams, moisturizers and serums that promise to tighten pores, even out skin tone and make us look ten years younger. A lot of these are aimed at older women in the market – say 40 plus – but recently there has been a rise in advanced skin care for women in their 20s and 30s. L’Oreal has jumped on that bandwagon and brought out a new line of skin care called Skin Perfection.

I first heard about L’Oreal’s Skin Perfection in a TV advert and I was immediately drawn to the products. I liked the idea of an advanced skincare range that is aimed at the younger end of the market.

Women in their twenties won’t necessarily need much help to keep their skin looking fresh but hectic lifestyles, poor diets, and smoking among other things will certainly take an effect. It’s never too late to start a skincare routine, as it will definitely pay off in the long run.

The Skin Perfection Advanced Serum is silky and feels gorgeous when put on, making the skin soft and velvety to the touch. It’s designed to penetrate the top layers of skin and erase the look of pores. Just like a primer but with added benefits.

The serum was so impressive I had to try the Correcting Day Moisturiser. This product also helps to minimize the appearance of pores as well as smoothing out skin tone and texture.

Both products are not greasy at all and absorb very quickly into the skin. This makes it the perfect base for make-up. Both products have a pleasant scent and the packaging is eye-catching and would gorgeous sitt atop any dressing table.  

The serum is priced at £16.99 and the moisturizer at £14.99, which is a bargain considering how effective both products are at doing what they say. I’ve been using both on a regular basis for eight months and there has definitely been an improvement to the overall quality of my skin.

If you use L’Oreal’s Skin Perfection I would love to hear about your experiences with it and if not then I would definitely recommend you give it a try. What have you got to lose ladies? Comment in the section down below with your thoughts!  

Irreverent journalist, creative head of Ciao Mamma!, polyglot writer and curious filmmaker. Originally from Italy, I made my way to the big city to follow my dream of becoming a reporter. I love art, politics, frogs and halloumi. Check out my website: www.ciaomamma.it Connect on LinkedIn: uk.linkedin.com/in/martinaandretta/