Her Campus City University Launches with a New Editor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at City London chapter.

In November, American company Her Campus acquired HerUni City University.

Her Campus is an online magazine for female college students founded in 2009 by Stephanie Kaplan, Windsor Hanger Western and Annie Wang, three Harvard University undergraduates at the time. By acquiring HerUni.com, Her Campus hopes to reach out to university students in the United Kingdom.

Her Campus City University will be edited by second-year undergraduate journalism student Martina Andretta. “I am very excited and proud to represent City University in the amazing HerCampus team,” Martina says. “Her Campus is a good opportunity of development for students, and I can’t wait to start working to produce new and innovative content.”

The HerCampus City team is comprised of a number of enthusiastic students from such backgrounds as journalism and business.

HerUni.com was founded by London College of Fashion graduate Geraldine Haneine, and it has over 40 chapters in the UK. “This acquisition will significantly broaden the reach and resources available to all HerUni.com contributors and readers across the UK as well as increase the potential for commercial partnerships and creative monetization for the combined platforms,” Geraldine says.

“More than ever before, university girls will have access to high quality content, community and social experiences across a deep network. Together, the two companies will embrace the opportunity to be an unmatched destination for the university audience, both from the consumer and advertiser side.”

HerCampus City University launches officially today, inaugurating a new beginning for the chapter and all the readers.

Carolina Are

City London

I am an Italian BA Journalism student at City University. I like Alice Cooper, American Psycho and cupcakes. Follow me on @carolina_are
Irreverent journalist, creative head of Ciao Mamma!, polyglot writer and curious filmmaker. Originally from Italy, I made my way to the big city to follow my dream of becoming a reporter. I love art, politics, frogs and halloumi. Check out my website: www.ciaomamma.it Connect on LinkedIn: uk.linkedin.com/in/martinaandretta/