Friends Are Forever; Everything Else Is…Whatever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at City London chapter.

Girls love a lot of things: nail polish, Netflix, pizza, chocolate, glitter, black leggings, complaining, Nando’s chicken, white wine, WhatsApp group messages, BOYS… But I don’t think I speak only for myself when I say none of us could live without our best friends.

An ideal best friend is always there for you, and will agree to try almost anything, as long as you’re together. However, there are some things that throughout your friendship you will surely do together… And if there’s another thing girls love, it’s clothes! So here are my favourite classic things to do with my ladies, and some suggested outfits to go with them:

1. PYJAMA PARTY!!!

Like I said, Netflix, pizza, chocolate and nail polish. These, combined with your girls and some gossip, make for a night as good as any. Go for a onesie – they come in lots of cute colours and patterns – and are actually really trendy right now. Plus, you won’t mind if you smear food on them by accident (mentally, I am 85 years old, but I eat like a blind toddler. Oops…). Oh, and PS – if you’re looking for the best home-made facemask, my go-to is one half mashed banana, one half Greek yoghurt. Leave it on for half an hour (don’t forget to eat the other half of the banana!), then rinse off – your skin will be good as new (and you’re welcome).

2. A NIGHT OUTI’m 5’7”, which is that weird height where you’re still short enough to wear heels, but when you do, you tower over a lot of people. This makes going out difficult for me, because I hate heels anyway. Hence I prefer to go to clubs where heels are unnecessary (try XOYO in Shoreditch and Lightbox in Vauxhall), which makes everything more comfortable and means my friends don’t have to worry about taking care of me when I inevitably trip over my own feet. Here are some shoe choices for clubbing and bar-hopping that won’t leave your feet aching:

3. SUNDAY BRUNCHI saved the best for last here, because Sunday brunch has got to be my absolute FAVOURITE thing to do with my friends. You get to wake up late, gossip, and pretend you’re being cultural and exploring London when really you’re just eating. And you’re eating A LOT, so I recommend you wear a loose sundress – still cool and stylish, but excellent for hiding your eggs and hollandaise-bloated belly. (Also, best places for brunch in London: Hoxton Square’s “The Breakfast Club” and “Bills”, “Workshop Coffee” in Farringdon, and “The Good Life Eatery” on The King’s Road)

What are your favourite places to go with your ladies? Let me know in the comments! – VK xxx

Media Studies & Sociology student at CUL from New York. Cheese, books, and dogs are VERY important to me.
Irreverent journalist, creative head of Ciao Mamma!, polyglot writer and curious filmmaker. Originally from Italy, I made my way to the big city to follow my dream of becoming a reporter. I love art, politics, frogs and halloumi. Check out my website: www.ciaomamma.it Connect on LinkedIn: uk.linkedin.com/in/martinaandretta/