Five Fantastically Unique Christmas Gift Ideas!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at City London chapter.

It’s almost Christmas and here at Her Campus we couldn’t be more excited! We’ve all earned a break and can’t wait to tuck into some turkey, get drunk on mulled wine and rip open some presents.

Speaking of presents, it can be tough to shop at Christmas. Especially when you have lots of people to buy for, and you can run out of ideas quickly.

Don’t worry though, as we’ve complied a list of the top five unique presents that would make even the grumpiest Grinch of the lot smile!   

Make your own snow globe

Snow globes are a cute and cheap way to give a meaningful gift. Before you could just purchase ready-made snow globes but now you can buy them and insert your own pictures. It’s fairly simple to do but shows the recipient that you took the time to think about their present and they will appreciate the effort. You can get this snow globe at Urban Outfitters for £10. 

Name a star  

This is a super amazing idea and always goes down well with people! Naming a star is a very grand and loving gesture – perfect for that special someone whether it is a partner, friend, parent or child. What’s better is that most star naming certificates come in a gift box so no wrapping needed!  You can get gift sets like this at buyastar.co.uk.

Concert/Gig tickets 

With most Christmas presents the fun doesn’t last that long, it’s tossed to the back of a cupboard or used and broken within days. With a concert you are giving someone an experience with lasting memories. Nothing beats the thrill of seeing an artist live and the adrenaline high you experience afterwards – I can personally vouch for that!

Buy them a short course

Just like the concert tickets this is a great way to give someone a Christmas present that they will remember and cherish. There are hundreds of places across the UK that run short courses on everything from cooking, jewellery making, creative writing, gardening, dance, music and languages among others. A thoughtful and guaranteed to please gift. Check out www.hotcourses.com for more info.  

Adopt an animal.

A brilliant gift for those who love wild animals. Adopting an animal on behalf of a loved one not only shows that you care about what they care about but also that you’ve put in extra thought to their gift. You can adopt a wide variety of animals now including tigers, elephants, pandas, penguins, dolphins and gorillas. Best of all you’ll be contributing positively to the conservation of an endangered animal and that’s money well spent. WWF, the World Wildlife Fund, is the perfect place to go to adopt an animal.

We hope this has helped in your hunt for unique and thoughtful Chritsmas presents. 

Happy Holidays from everyone here at HerCampus City University!