This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at City London chapter.

Living on a student budget is hard in London. Very, very hard, in fact. It takes a great amount of Zen like strength to avoid the allure of all the amazing shops and designers the British capital has to offer.

That’s why when a designer collaborates with a high street store it immediately becomes massive news, and what better reason to shop than getting to buy designer gear with high street prices?

In case you’ve missed it, we’re talking about the new Alexander Wang X H&M collection that hit stores this week.

Alexander Wang, who is Creative Director at Balenciaga, has dressed some of the most glamorous celebrities on Earth including Kim Kardashian, Gwen Stefani, Miley Cyrus, Blake Lively, Victoria Beckham and Reese Witherspoon to name just a few.

You can be certain that the collection will not disappoint and we think that it didn’t. Shoppers queued up for it in the early hours of the morning to snap up the sports wear inspired collection by Wang, and within hours some were selling the clothes online for £500 upwards!

Alexander Wang has experimented using a unique material that is similar to that of scuba diving gear for this collection. It creates an interesting matte look, different to anything else offered on the high street.

There are also laser cut patterns on jeans and shorts, as well as knitted jacquard leggings and dresses. Wang has also created jackets, jumpers, bags, shoes, underwear and even socks, so even if you can’t blow the budget you can still get a piece of the action.

The collection has been kept minimalistic and simple, which is a nice break from all the prints of summer. Colours range from black, white or grey to a few dashes of neon tones that pop. Price range is £20 – £300.   

The collection is available online and in store. So get out of your fluffy robe, grab your purse and nip down to the H&M in Angel after uni to get your designer label fix!   

Images courtesy of Alexander Wang X H&M Lookbook.