Chloé Wong Definitely Has Spirit!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at City London chapter.

You’re a member of Central City Allstars, City’s competition cheerleading team, how are you finding it?

I am very new to cheerleading, a sport that consists of strength, flexibility and charisma. We don’t cheer for other teams; we are dedicated to performing and practicing. Everyone in the team is friendly and very helpful with each other. We call it our little cheer family.

What’s your position in the team and what does that involve?

I am a backspot in the team. I stand behind the stunt and hold the flyers butt/ankle/thighs and control the stunt, and save the flyer from breaking herself. We don’t get enough credit for doing this though. Yes, I get to touch butts.

What’s the best part of cheerleading?

Best part of Cheer is the things you get to learn as a team and learning different things every time we practice. We do gymnastics, dance and stunts. We are the whole package!

When is the next competition?

The next competition is on Valentine’s Day! 14th February 2015.

When you aren’t cheering, what do you like to do in your spare time?

I attend a lot of cultural events, I love theatre and drama! I love the vibrant city life of London, as I can explore different areas such as Shoreditch for hipster events or Kensington and Chelsea area for higher classical art events. Exploring and traveling is my thing!

What’s your motto in life?

Don’t hesitate and just do whatever you want (as long as it’s legal!) Don’t be afraid to try newer things and embrace whatever you have right now in your life.

And finally, do you have spirit?!

YES I DO. I have cheer spirit and school spirit! And I cheer for myself every day! Go me! Go City!

Victoria Hood

City London

I'm a Northern Irish girl adjusting to uni life in the big city of London. Currently a first year of BA Journalism at City University. I'm a big nerd at heart with an interest in film, TV and games. If you enjoy my writing, and want to read my blog, the link is: http://vich145.tumblr.com/ “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.” - Dr Seuss