Why Joining a Sorority Was The Best Decision I’ve Ever Made

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Friends on friends on friends.

Never in a million years would I have expected to be friends with close to 200 women, but here I am. I can gladly say I have a whole collection of dedicated women that would drop everything if I called. I am never alone when I want to go to the mall, get food or watch sad romantic comedies. I have genuine connections with so many people. I have definitely met women that will continue to be lasting influences in my life.

Plus I have gotten the best roommates through my sorority that I wouldn’t trade for the world.

Leadership.

A sorority can enable you to get hands-on experience in a variety of different fields! A lot of people forget that a sorority is a business and needs to be handled like one. You can get a chance to make a difference in the lives of women around you and in the sorority as a whole. It  gives you a new outlook on how to present yourself when you know that people are looking up to you.

Networking.

Alumna is a huge part of a sorority. They help things run and function like a well-oiled machine. These women have already experienced their college years in a sorority and are now working women in the real world. Using the connections there can get you a bunch of experience shadowing or even internships!

Grades.

I personally have seen such an impact on my GPA since joining. There are bound to be at least one other woman in your sorority that has the same major as you. I have used this religiously. Finding out what classes to take and, most importantly, what professors to take them with. Studying is also so much more fun when you have motivated people to push you to do your absolute best.

Personal Growth.

This is by far the best thing that has happened since I joined a sorority. When I joined, I was an insecure freshman with no idea what I wanted to do with my life. Now, as a third year, I am confident and know exactly what I want to do in the future. I am more determined to make every single action have a purpose. I am able to give better advice and help others grow the same way that I have.

University of Cincinnati
Karina Baffa

Cincinnati '19

.