Top 10 Cincinnati Restaurants You Have to Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

If you are a foodie who’s ready to eat your heart out in the Queen City, follow this killer list of college-approved food! Admit it—we have all asked the question, “Where should we eat?” to hear nothing but silence or a chorus of “I don’t know.” We’re here to put an end to the unanswered, million-dollar question of where to dine! Whether you are with your girlfriends or going on a hot date, it is crucial to any dining experience to get a good meal and enjoy a great atmosphere—and with some bang for your buck. Explore the Queen City and try something new from my list of the top 10 places to eat in Cincinnati!

1.     Terry’s Turf Club

Photo by Ryan Curtz — Cincinnati Magazine

This American food joint is famous for their mouth-watering basketball sized burgers. They are constantly filled to capacity every weekend, with good reason. They offer a full-service bar with a great beer selection. Although it can run a bit pricy, if you are in the mood for fun vintage décor, hungry patrons and a great upbeat staff, this is a place for you!

2.     Incline Public House

Come here for the view and stay for the yummy food! Incline Public House is the place to go when you want good beer and bites. Named after a famous incline in Cincinnati that went to Price Hill, this Public House gives you a great view of the city with indoor and outdoor seating. This is the place to watch the sunset go down while enjoying a pizza made in their brick oven and drinking a local craft beer.

3.     Taste of Belgium

A local favorite, this is your go-to place on a lazy Sunday. Famous for their Belgian waffles, they go above and beyond to make their meals a work of art. The chicken and waffles (shown above) is an Over-the-Rhine legend. You cannot go wrong when choosing Taste of Belgium for your next brunch. If that’s not reason enough to give it a try, this eatery was just approved by Guy Fieri on a recent episode of Food Network’s Diners, Drive-ins and Dives!

4.     Chicago Gyros and Dogs

If you’ve walked around Clifton, surely at some point or another you have walked past Chicago Gyros and Dogs on the corner of West McMillan. This Greek restaurant has amazing gyros (pronounced “year-ohs“), which is basically just a Greek-style sandwich on pita bread, and is also reasonably priced. Located right off campus, this is always a great option if you want to try something new and yummy without going far, instead of settling for Center Court pizza…again.

5.     Eli’s Barbeque

Eli’s is your average backyard barbeque if 100 strangers were also invited. Those dining sit out on picnic tables to enjoy seriously good BBQ and folk music. Famous for their ribs, pulled pork and, of course, barbeque, this is an experience you will want to keep coming back for. It is well worth the wait to try a their famous hot dog topped with cole slaw and pork. But do not forget, it is cash only!

6.     Cheapside Café

Want to try something unique for your next meal? Stop by Cheapside! A little diner nestled in downtown just one block from Horseshoe Casino, stop by for breakfast or lunch! With an amazing menu, you can really tell they pay attention to everything that goes into making your meal. If you don’t believe me, just take a look at their Instagram! These neat meals go above and beyond while also providing a great environment—the restaurant is bright and airy with a classic yet hip café look and feel.

7.     Drunken Bento

Not many would guess how well Clifton and sushi go together, but oddly, it proves to be true! Open until 3 a.m. on weekends and always half price, Drunken Bento is the answer if you want to try something a little different and highly authentic. It’s safe to say that students love this place for more than just the college-friendly prices. Bento is always packed with students, and you can especially expect a good crowd in the late hours of the night on any given weekend. Most rolls are between three and six dollars, which is steal compared to most sushi bars! A customer favorite, we recommend the Sunday Morning Roll—deep fried salmon sushi topped with spicy mayo. Need we say more?

8.     The Eagle OTR

Vine Street in Over-the-Rhine is an easy destination for fabulous food. Reasonably priced for the location, you can’t go wrong with The Eagle and their Southern-style soul food! They have a great menu of homestyle cooking—their fried chicken and corn bread are definite tummy pleasers. Try the Brown Sugar Bacon appetizer while waiting on your main course!

9.     Hang Over Easy

Clifton recently welcomed Hang Over Easy to its map! After having to stop by HOE every time I was in Columbus, I was thrilled when I saw that we were getting one of our own! Quite the clever name, Hang Over Easy’s motto is “Breakfast cures all.” With an excellent menu and a full bar, they have all the classic breakfast food you crave…whether you’re hungover or not. Open from 7 a.m. to 2:30 a.m. daily, come for any meal of the day or spend a night here at the bar. When the weather is nice, enjoy food and drinks on their large patio or sip something in their garden, complete with a firepit! So grab a budget-friendly bloody mary, chow down on some French toast and be ready to leave full and fully satisfied!

10.     Habero

Are you ready to broaden your horizon to burritos other than Chipotle’s? This is your chance! Their Latin American food varies from burritos and tacos to salads and chimichangas. If you’re feeling skeptical, stop by for their $2 Taco Tuesdays for a great deal—it is definitely worth the wait in line! Located on Ludlow Avenue in Clifton not far off campus, it is always a great place to stop by with some friends.

What are your favorite restaurants in Cincinnati? Some we missed? Share your favorites and thoughts on ours in the comments below!