Culture > News

Spend a Day at Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park and Museum

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park and Museum in Hamilton, OH is exactly what it sounds like, but also so much more.

The park’s primary mission is to “bring people to art in nature,” and it does just that. According to their website, it is a 300 plus acre sculpture and has more than 60 monumental outdoor sculptures. Golf carts, or “Art Carts” (as they refer to them), are available to rent so that visitors can drive right up to the sculptures.

It also features an Ancient Sculpture Museum where Greek, Roman, Etruscan, Syrian and Egyptian sculptures dating all the way back to 1550 B.C. are displayed. The Museum Gallery inside the museum hosts exhibitions by artists from all over.  

Aside from being a sculpture park, Pyramid Hill also hosts a variety of events and exhibitions. Coming up at the end of September is the Art Fair with almost 70 local artists selling and showcasing their diverse works of art. In addition to the artist’s booths, there will be food trucks, live music, and live demonstrations of intricate art making such as glass blowing. The entry price is only $5 per car and it takes place September 29th (from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.) and 30th (from 12 p.m.-5 p.m.). As for their regular hours, they are open 365 days a year from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Admission is $8 for adults and $5 for children.

Carolyn Schultz is a first year Fine Arts major at the University of Cincinnati. She is orignally from New Hampshire but has lived in New York and most recently, Texas. She loves the beach, sushi, and most of all, creating. You can check out some of her artwork and photography at https://carolyn-schultz.squarespace.comInstagram: @Carriecschultz 
Ricole Davis

Cincinnati

Born and raised in the wonderful state of Ohio. When I grow up, if I ever do, I want to be a doctor. Fourth year at the University of Cincinnati. In my spare time, I like to collect vinyls, write and play with my favorite boy, my bunny Phoenix. I love everything about the outdoors except for the bugs. Just trying to get through the day without making a complete fool of myself...