See a Show Before You Go

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

The University of Cincinnati has so much to offer students, alumni, etc. (Yes, you probably already knew that but anyways)…

In case you did not know we have a highly regarded arts program, know as the College Conservatory of Music. As a senior, I had been to a few shows before my final semester. One of my best friends was in the student orchestra so I saw him perform with other talented UC students. Many of whom were not in a major at CCM.

I found out last semester from a little birdie that UC offers a “Live at CCM” class. It fulfills a fine arts credit and all who are enrolled students have to do is attend 7-10 shows and write 2-3 reviews on any given shows depending on the credit hours you take. 

I am enrolled in the class now and DAMN, our school is talented! I have been able to see different CCM faculty, CCM students, and more put their talents on display and yes they are talented. Honestly, that is putting it lightly.

Before graduation, I highly recommend going and seeing a show. Most of them are free so there is pretty much no other option. Go with friends, take your significant other on a date or head over solo because it is worth it.

For a full list of shows for the rest of the semester, click here!

Maddie Huggins is a fourth year student at the University of Cincinnati. Originally from Columbus, she quickly learned to swap out the OSU scarlet and grey for UC red and black. Maddie has loved writing since she was a little girl and is always down for a good time. She prides herself in being the world's best hugger.