Real World Clifton: Ladies of Lyon Street

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

The lovely ladies of Lyon Street have agreed to be the Her Campus Campus Cuties of the Week! We have (left to right) Maddy Kiley, Cecilia Dowling, Laura Sacco, and Maria Volck. These are the very own ladies who have their own geofilter for their street, even including a picture of their house- this is truly an honor! Their house’s theme song is “My House” by Flo-Rida, so you know you’re bound to have a good time every time you enter.

The first of the lovely residents is Ms. Cecilia Dowling. She is a 2nd year undeclared business major. She’s newly single ;) Her favorite UC memory is this year’s homecoming celebration. Her favorite memory in the Lyon street house is she and Maddy’s joint birthday party this year (it was quite the celebration- I was there). Her favorite activity is cooking and discovering new recipes! Her favorite restaurant in Clifton is the one and only Adriatico’s. An interesting fact about Cece is that her favorite holidays are St. Patrick’s Day and the 4th of July!

The second resident we’ll be discussing is Miss Madeline Kiley. She is a second year education major. She’s taken by Mr. Kyle McGurk, sorry boys! Her favorite Lyon street memory this year is also her and Cece’s joint birthday party- even though her phone got stolen L #lifeinclifton. Her favorite UC memory is the big rivalry basketball game that she attended with me (Sydney Carter).  Her favorite thing to do is take her adorable German shepherd, Kaiser, for a walk in the park. Her favorite restaurant in Clifton is Taste of Belgium. A fun fact about Maddy is that she can play the harmonica and the piano!

Our third lady of discussion is Ms. Maria J. H. Volck. She is a 2nd year bio-med major. She is taken by Mr. Brennan Byrne, sorry once again, boys! ;) Her favorite Lyon Street memory is Maddy and Cece’s joint birthday party. Her favorite UC memory is her Bid Day at Tri Delta and meeting her freshman year roommates. Her favorite thing to do is “Go shopping, hi, I’m basic.” Her favorite restaurant in Clifton is Skyline! An interesting fact about her is that she speaks 3 languages and was not born in the U.S.A!

Our last but never-could-be-least resident of 211 Lyon is the one and only Lady Laura Sacco! She’s a second year Operations Management major. She’s single ;) Her favorite UC memory is falling down a whole column of steps at Nippert during a football game! This day she realized how caring the UC student section can be. Her favorite memory on Lyon street is Maddy and Cece’s joint birthday party- their dining room table ended up broken in half, “but it’s okay!” –Laura. Her favorite thing to do is watch Friends on Netflix “because that’s as close to friends as I’m going to get.” #depressing Her favorite restaurant in Clifton is the infamous Drunken Bento. An interesting fact is that her friend group calls themselves the “Squid Squad” (I am included in this). Follow her on twitter! @laura_sacco

If you see any of these cuties on campus, make sure you stop and say hello! Perhaps even ask when their next party will be on Lyon Street ;)