Meet Young Life Leader: Lauren Yurjevic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity is young life leader, Lauren Yurjevic. Lauren has been involved with Young Life all through high school and is now leading Young Life at Anderson High School in Cincinnati. Not only is she spreading the word of God to these teenagers, but she is also being a wonderful guide and leader to them. Along side of Young Life, she is also improving and strengthening her own relationship with God daily by reading the bible, attending Crossroads Mega Church every Sunday, and many other tactics.

Name: Lauren Yurjevic

Age: 19

Year: Sophomore

Major: Marketing/Fashion Studies 

Hometown: Toledo, Ohio

What is your favorite part about Young Life?

My favorite thing about Young Life is that it is a great tool to help spread the word of Jesus to high school kids.

Why did you want to be a leader?

I wanted to be a leader because I did Young Life in high school and it helped me to meet the Lord. So when I came to college, I felt called to become a Young Life leader and help kids the way I have been helped. 

Are you happy being a leader at Anderson High School?

Yes, I love Anderson. Go Redskins!

What’s your favorite bible verse?

2 Corinthians 4:16-18. “That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.”

Is it hard to balance Young Life with your schoolwork and other activities?

If I manage my time, no it is not hard to balance. But, if I chose to not manage my time and watch twenty episodes of How I Met Your Mother, yes it becomes rather difficult.

Morgan is a third year at the University of Cincinnati, majoring in Magazine Journalism with a minor in Communication.  From the start, she has always loved to read and write but now being able to do it at UC means so much more.  She aspires to work in editing or publishing one day and being an editor of HerCampus Cincinnati is definitely helping her pursue those lifelong dreams!  "Dwell in Possibility." -Emily Dickinson 
Campus Correspondent and founder of Her Campus Cincinnati. Tyasia is a 5th year Spanish & Marketing student (sadly!). Lover of all things plaid! When she's not sipping on margaritas or eating mangos, she's jet setting around the world (All time favorite place: Guatemala!) Tyasia plans to make New York City her home sweet home after graduation to pursue a International or Fashion PR career! Keep up with her on Twitter @tyjenksss