Lauren Smith: Journalist on the Rise

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Meet Lauren, an aspiring journalist who wants to travel the globe! While having many interests and beliefs, she hopes to one day incorporate them into her writing portfolio.

Name: Lauren Smith 

Major: Journalism

Hometown: Bellefontaine, Ohio

Age/Year: 21 years old/4th year

Favorite Class Ever Taken at UC: My favorite class taken at UC is a tie between my German language classes and my Research Journalism class.

Dream Job: My dream job would be to travel the world writing about different cultures, also digging into the dangerous aspect of journalism and report in the middle east or wherever the danger maybe in the near future. Or maybe one day publish a magazine of my own dealing with issues over in Africa and other third world countries.

Favorite Song/Quote/Lyric:  2 Timothy 1:7

“For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self discipline.”

Where You Want To Live After Graduation: I would love to live outside of the United States, I am still doing some research into what country I would like to live in but I am mainly looking at Norway, Ireland, and Australia right now. Germany would also be great!!

Reason You Came to UC: I came to UC because they have a better journalism program than Eastern Michigan University, where I transferred from after my second year.

Best Moment at UC: The best moment that I have had while attending UC is when I interviewed my Pastor for my profile piece for a magazine writing class. It gave me a chance to know my Pastor on a more personal level and to see what God is doing in his life for the benefit of the people of Cincinnati. 

Morgan is a third year at the University of Cincinnati, majoring in Magazine Journalism with a minor in Communication.  From the start, she has always loved to read and write but now being able to do it at UC means so much more.  She aspires to work in editing or publishing one day and being an editor of HerCampus Cincinnati is definitely helping her pursue those lifelong dreams!  "Dwell in Possibility." -Emily Dickinson 
Campus Correspondent and founder of Her Campus Cincinnati. Tyasia is a 5th year Spanish & Marketing student (sadly!). Lover of all things plaid! When she's not sipping on margaritas or eating mangos, she's jet setting around the world (All time favorite place: Guatemala!) Tyasia plans to make New York City her home sweet home after graduation to pursue a International or Fashion PR career! Keep up with her on Twitter @tyjenksss