I Tried to be a Sugar Baby and Here’s What Happened

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

It started off as a joke but I ran with it. My roommate and I were supposed to be studying for our exams but we instead got distracted by a conversation nearby.

“My friend got paid $500 just to go to dinner with him.”

WHAT? Free food AND you’re getting paid to eat and hang with some guy? SIGN ME UP!

Plus I have a Victoria’s Secret addiction. Every email about a sale or deal they’re having is just a tease and my poor credit can’t take it anymore.

What did I need to do to get that?!Become a sugar baby, apparently. A friend of mine who arrived later filled me in on what I needed to do. I needed to make a profile on a website, fill out my profile and express what I wanted. The website itself advises you not to use your real name. So, I made up a fake one to express my love for the Italian culture…and their food.

I had to wait to be verified by the website and once I was, I started browsing for a sugar daddy.

Most of the men were in my area but their ages were not my typical preference. Ranging from 27 to 65. I found myself both disgusted and intrigued. The bios and the net-worths had me in awe; one million to 5 million and they’re in my area?! Most men wanted to start off with a date or two to get to know you but it quickly escalated to a need for intimacy — sex if we’re being blunt; but wouldn’t that make me a prostitute? HA. NO THANK YOU.

I spent, at most, a few days on the site looking for one sugar daddy that was ok with no intimacy. My hope faded and I logged off. Although I got notified everyday anytime someone looked at or favorited my profile.

In the end, I don’t think I could ever sleep with someone older than my mother and get paid to do it. So, for now, I’m sugar daddy-less. For now…

Thumbnail Image Source

Ricole Davis

Cincinnati

Born and raised in the wonderful state of Ohio. When I grow up, if I ever do, I want to be a doctor. Fourth year at the University of Cincinnati. In my spare time, I like to collect vinyls, write and play with my favorite boy, my bunny Phoenix. I love everything about the outdoors except for the bugs. Just trying to get through the day without making a complete fool of myself...
Lauren Lewis

Cincinnati

Lauren Lewis is a fourth year at the University of Cincinnati double majoring in International Affairs and Creative Writing. When she's not on Pinterest fawning over recipes and crafts, she's drinking copious amounts of chai tea, finding the hidden treasures of Cincinnati, and shopping for inexpensive books at Good Will.