How to Dress for Your Body Type

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Fashion means nothing without fit. Knowing your body type can transform the way you dress. What may look amazing on an “apple” shaped woman may not be as flattering on a “pear” shaped chica. I’ve created a cheat sheet that will hopefully help serve as your guide as to what looks best on your specific shape. So, get out those tape measures and have someone check the proportions of your bust-to-waist-to-hip or if you already know your type, jump right into the article! Feel free to leave comments if you have any questions or if you want more clarification on things like where you should shop for your body type, outfit ideas, etc. And don’t forget… these are just GUIDElines. There are no rules in fashion! 

Niyah

Cincinnati

Niyah is a fashion deign major at the University of Cincinnati (class of 2019). She's the editor-in-chief and creator of the fashion blog InexpensiveChic.com. At 19 years old, she’s an aspiring fashion stylist. When she's not blogging, you can find her modeling, shopping, writing poetry, singing to an R&B song, watching TV on her laptop or doing yoga/pilates.