Five Popcorn Recipes to Pop Into Your Cookbook

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Whether it’s prepared in your dorm room microwave, served at movie night or just a quick snack, popcorn is a universally popular snack for every college student. To spice up your popcorn routine, here are five popcorn recipes to satisfy all your cravings.

Photo courtesy: Taste of Home

Marshmallow-Peanut Popcorn by Taste of Home

what you’ll need:

15 cups popped popcorn

2 cups miniature marshmallows

1 cup salted peanuts

1 cup broken pretzel sticks

⅔ cups sugar

½ cup butter

¼ cup corn syrup.

Directions:

Mix together all the popcorn, marshmallows, salted peanuts and pretzels into a dish. Separately, mix together the sugar, butter and corn syrup into a saucepan. Boil the second mixture and stir for two minutes. Combine both mixtures and pour it onto waxed paper to cool, then finish by breaking up the food.

Photo courtesy: Cookies and Cups

Salt and Vinegar Popcorn by Cookies and Cups

What you’ll need:

8 cups popcorn

3 tablespoons butter

2 1/2 white (or regular) vinegar

1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt

1 teaspoon dried dill

Directions:

Microwave together the butter and vinegar in a bowl for 30 to 60 seconds. Then, whisk the mixture and mix it into the popcorn evenly. Then, sprinkle the dill and salt. Lastly, shake the combination and it’s ready to eat!

Photo courtesy: Taste of Home

Chocolate-Mint Popcorn by Taste of Home

What you’ll need:

1 pack Junior Mints

2 tablespoons butter

8 cups popcorn

Directions:

Over medium-low heat, soften the butter and Junior Mints in a pan. Mix this combination into the popcorn, then spread onto wax paper until it is set. Finally, break up the popcorn and enjoy!

Photo courtesy: Two Sisters

Easy Homemade Caramel Corn by Two Sisters

What you’ll need:

10 cups popcorn

1 cup butter

1 cup light brown sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla

½ teaspoon baking soda

Directions:

First, soften the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, then add the light brown sugar and mix. When this mixture comes to a boil, leave it without continuing to stir. After four minutes, add the vanilla and stir together. One minute later, add the baking soda and the mixture will bubble. Finally, pour the mixture over the popcorn and mix it evenly.

Photo courtesy: Food Network

Ranch Popcorn by Food Network

What you’ll need:

4 tablespoons butter

1-ounce packet ranch seasoning mix

16 cups popcorn

2 tablespoons chopped chives

Desired amount of salt

Directions:

In a saucepan, melt the butter with the ranch seasoning mix. Then, mix the combination and the chives into the popcorn. Finally, sprinkle with the desired amount of salt and enjoy! 

Maggie Deller

Cincinnati '22

Maggie Deller is a third year Environmental Studies major with a Biology minor. She loves bird watching, being with her friends, and hanging with her pet ducks.
Karina Baffa

Cincinnati '19

.