This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

When people think of a man in a fraternity, often times they think alcoholic, womanizer, rich kid. Now, when most people think of a fashion designer, they would typically think of an artsy fashionista, and perhaps most often, a woman. What happens when you combine these two stereotypes into one person? You get Chance Manzler. Manzler is a member of Sigma Chi Fraternity and a fashion design student in the college of Design, Art, Architecture, and Planning. He has had to overcome many obstacles in this field, but he is soon on his way to being the next Valentino Garavani.

Name: Chance Manzler

Year: 3rd

Hometown: Madeira, OH

Major: Fashion Design

Relationship Status: Single!

Her Campus: What made you decide to go into fashion design?

Chance Manzler: When I look back, I can honestly say I could’ve gone into any major. I didn’t have a problem going into finance, history, or science, but when it came down to it and searching deep down, going into fashion would make me the happiest. Money doesn’t really take into account as to why I went into fashion. Honestly, I just want to do something that makes me happy.

HC: What’s it like working in a mostly female dominated field?

CM: It made me a little nervous at first, but after a while you get used to the crowd. It’s kind of enjoyable because you get a different prospective being around so many girls all the time, and then coming back to kind of a more male dominated environment [at Sigma Chi]. You get a look at both sides of the spectrum.

HC: Who is you favorite male fashion designer?

CM: I really like Calvin Klein.

HC: Why?

CM: Definitely with the use of colors, the tailorship, the way the body is accentuated, the ways the clothes are designed definitely makes the male figure look a little more masculine as well as softens features up a little bit.

HC: Do people ever assume you’re gay because you are in this field?

CM: Oh yeah! People have asked if I’m gay before. I’ve gotten used to the question.

HC: What is that like?

CM: At first I was a little taken back from it because, you know, as a straight male, I’m thinking ‘why would you ask me if I’m gay or not?’ It seemed weird at first, but now I think it’s funny. I joke around with it for a little bit and I don’t really take it personally anymore.

Think you have what it takes to be our next campus cutie? Instagram or tweet your best #selfie and a witty caption as to why you would make a great campus cutie! Be sure to include the hashtags #hercampuscincy and #campuscutieuc. The cuties with the most likes or favorites will be featured on Her Campus Cincinnati!

Ashleigh is a sophomore at the University of Cincinnati studying Journalism. She has a passion for writing, making people laugh, and random tokens of kindness. Born and raised in Kentucky, yet the furthest thing from a country girl! City life is the only life for her, and she is proud to call Cincinnati home.