Cardi B Isn’t a Regular Degular Shegular Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Belcalis Almanzar known to the world as Cardi B isn’t just a regular degular shmegular girl from the Bronx anymore. Recently, Cardi has had an enormous wave of success and is starting to become a mega superstar!

Cardi B is a former stripper turned reality and social media star turned Hip-Hop Recording artist. Cardi has a come a long way from where she started and has stayed true to herself throughout the whole process, which makes us love her even more. Cardi is representing all the regular degular shmegular girls all across the country, including me. Girls like Cardi aren’t always shown the most love and are often stereotyped as “ghetto”, “loud”, and “ratchet.” However, Cardi makes being yourself and overcoming hardships look fabulous.

Cardi B’s rise to success came shortly after dropping her single, “Bodak Yellow”, inspired by Kodak Black’s, “No Flockin”. Bodak Yellow has reached number three on US Billboard Hot 100 and has become the highest charting song by a Female rapper since Nicki Minaj’s 2014, “Anaconda” hit. Since then she’s performed with the likes of Drake, Migos, and other artists. Opening the VMA’s was also a big deal and notch that Cardi added to her belt. Cardi’s glow up has been nothing short of amazing and is inspiration for anyone who has come from where she has and looks like her. Cardi B has stolen all of our hearts and we can’t be anything but happy for all the success that she’s gotten from her hard work and dedication; dropping two mixtapes in six months isn’t as easy as it sounds!