tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Who doesn’t love a good birthday party? Free food, dessert, drinks, cute outfits and an excuse to take multiple pics with the same people! However, the one thing that really stresses me out is gifts. Giving gifts is seriously time-consuming and can be costly. There are multiple factors to take into consideration before going out and buying the perfect present. It seems that no matter how hard I tried I always ended up arriving late to the party because I couldn’t find the perfect gift.

Fortunately, after my 14th birthday, I always received a few gifts I didn’t like and would never use. These gifts were not horrendous or bad, they just weren’t my style. In the past, I’ve re-gifted some really cute gifts such as Coach wristlets, Glamglow masks, Smashbox primers, Ferrero Rocher chocolates, Coffee and chokers. There are even times where I’ll buy an extra product on sale for a future birthday party or an event I’d attend.

I take my unwanted gifts and carefully wrap them in new tissue paper. Then I put them in a white and black striped gift bag and hide it inside my storage till the next birthday. Birthdays are the most common, but regifting can come in handy when you are visiting your relatives or celebrating Christmas and anniversaries. The gifts you give don’t have to be from people, they can be cute mini Sephora samples, new candles you don’t use, Amazon prime memberships or even a pack of new hair ties.

Look around your bedroom and search your house. I’m sure you would find new and cool gifts you received that others would love. Regifting is great because it gives you the satisfaction of getting rid of something that takes up extra space in your house. Another reason it’s amazing is that you don’t have to spend time or money going out to get a gift.

Not to mention the endless options you would have if you went out to pick something. If you’re the type of person that struggles to make a choice, this method is for you! Cut out the stress and save time by reaching into the regifting bag and actually getting to the party on time for once!

Adeenah Sayani

Cincinnati '21

University of Cincinnati