This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

We waited forever to grow up and be adults but now that we’re here, all we want to do is relive our childhood. So is it true, can you really grow up too fast or do you really even have to grow up at all? In some ways… yes, because that’s just how life works. Growing up means more responsibility, more maturity, and more memories.  Let’s be real, growing up doesn’t mean you still won’t feel an ounce of excitement seeing an episode of your old favorite cartoon come on. Growing up doesn’t mean you have to hide that kid at heart; here are 8 things that you’ll never get too old for, no matter how old you get.

1. Naps

As kids, we thought as naps as punishments. As adults, naps are a short vacation. You’re never too old for a good nap.

2. Juice Boxes

I can’t lie…I still get excited going to family gatherings and seeing some Little Hugs in the fridge, because who doesn’t enjoy drinking out of a barrel? It’s impossible to outgrow your favorite kids drink; Juicy Juice, Kool-Aid Jammers and Capri-Sun. Maybe one day they’ll make a big kid Capri-Sun with wine…a girl can dream.

3. Cartoons

If you’re flipping through channels and catch an old episode of Scooby Doo and your inner child isn’t thrilled—you’re lying to yourself. If not Scooby Doo, maybe it was The Rugrats, Cat Dog or Dexter’s Laboratory? Cartoon Network was where it was at.

4. Bubble Wrap

Self-explanatory. It doesn’t matter if you’re 12 or 20; bubble wrap is a stress reliever and just a good time.

5. Playing in the Snow

You’re never too old for a good snow angel.  I’m not ashamed to say I will be going sledding whenever it snows until I die. And remember, adults can have snowball fights too.

6. Disney Movies (& I mean the classics)

If you didn’t have a favorite Disney movie growing up, did you even have a childhood? Watching an old classic is a guilty pleasure. It brings you back to the good ole’ days of princesses, talking animals and endless imagination.

7. Your Parents

I get it…you finally have freedom but don’t discredit your parents just yet; you’ll always come back. They’re your parents for life, and you’ll need them no matter how old you are. The older you get, the more you realize mom was right.

8. Adventures

Growing up can be stressful but don’t forget to have fun in the mist of all your responsibilities. Playing in the woods like you did as a kid may not be quite the same, but getting older also means expanding your horizons. You can make an adventure out of anything.

Growing up is fun too; just remember to let your inner child out every once in awhile.  

Fourth year student at the University of Cincinnati, majoring in magazine journalism and minoring in fashion studies in the DAAP program. Enthusiast of green tea, bunnies, and anything black & gold. Aspiring to have a future in the fashion journalism world.