The 7 Most Festive Fall Drinks to Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Ghosts and ghouls will be haunting the streets this weekend, and to prevent them from haunting you, you’ll want to don your witch’s hat and make sure that your brewing game is top notch. No one likes rotten pumpkins, and people certainly don’t like dour drinks. But don’t worry, I’ve got you covered with these spook-tastic drinks below. With these recipes, you’ll be able to avoid any curse someone aims at you.

1. Butterbeer

If you’re feeling the Harry Potter fanatic in you, and still envision a Halloween filled with floating candles and singing toads, then Butterbeer should definitely be your choice of drink. Apple cider, caramel, and whipped cream in one drink will be enough to make any Slytherin jealous. Click on the Portkey below to be taken to the recipe!2. Vampire’s Kiss Shot

We’re tired of waiting for Edward Cullen and Damon Salvatore to come around, and decided to take matters into our own hands. Here’s a vampire that will give you a great kiss, but an even bigger bite.3. VooDoo Punch

People have always said, “payback is a b*tch”. With this beverage, you’ll be able to let your cackle and curses loose knowing you’re serving a pretty green drink packed with a punch. The fun part of this is that your party-goer’s will be able to add the syringe themselves! 4. Black Magic Jello Shots

Bring all the goody-two-shoes over to the dark side with these black magic jello shots. With vodka, berry blue and grape jello, these shots will capture anyone under your spell. 5. Candy Corn Jello Shots

Take this classic candy to a whole new level with three layers of different flavored alcohols, and entice this kid in you.6. Poisoned Apple Cocktail

Don your broom and bring out your wicked with these sizzling apple cocktails. Before you serve it, look in the mirror and ask “Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who’s the drunkest of them all?”7. Black Salt Hexarita

Keep all the hexes away and bewitch your guests with this classy red wine margarita.

Thumbnail Image Source

Lauren Lewis

Cincinnati

Lauren Lewis is a fourth year at the University of Cincinnati double majoring in International Affairs and Creative Writing. When she's not on Pinterest fawning over recipes and crafts, she's drinking copious amounts of chai tea, finding the hidden treasures of Cincinnati, and shopping for inexpensive books at Good Will.