This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Most of us college girls are masters at juggling. Between homework, student org involvement, part-time jobs, and trying to find time to have a social life, it can be challenging to find time to do things just because they make you happy. Maybe you don’t have the time (or the cash) to spend a whole day pampering yourself, but don’t let that stop you from taking a few moments every day to do something in the name of happiness and self-care. Consider these ideas, ladies!

1. Hang a Eucalyptus plant on your shower head

Showering is a necessity, and amping up the experience is a great way to feel luxurious without any extra time or money. All you need is some eucalyptus and twine. Tie the hanging plant upside down and turn on the water. As the steam rises, the plant will emit the most relaxing and refreshing scent. Plus, what looks more freaking holistic and “Free People”-ish than greenery hanging in your shower?

2. Buy the doughnut, cupcake, or chocolate croissant

And don’t feel guilty for even a second. Stopping for a sweet treat between class or work is always a good idea. Enjoy it and regret nothing!

3. Go for a walk and find a dog to hug

What is more 2018 than owning a dog? Dogs are everywhere and it’s the best. Put some walking shoes on and walk until you find a friendly dog and go in for a hug. Everyone wins.

4. Write down things that are going great for you

The power of positive thinking is real guys. Take five minutes out of your day to sit and breathe and write down five things you are thankful for, and five things about yourself that you think are amazing. It is so important to have clear self-positivity in your life on the daily.

5. Make yourself a V fancy cheese board

Next time you’re at the grocery, pick out the fanciest cheese you can find, some crackers, and a cheap bottle of wine. Go home, slice the cheese, and arrange the crackers on a plate or cheese board if you have one. Pour yourself some wine, put on some Billie Holiday, and pretend you’re living in Paris and own your own boat.

Thumbnail Image Source

Lauren Lewis

Cincinnati

Lauren Lewis is a fourth year at the University of Cincinnati double majoring in International Affairs and Creative Writing. When she's not on Pinterest fawning over recipes and crafts, she's drinking copious amounts of chai tea, finding the hidden treasures of Cincinnati, and shopping for inexpensive books at Good Will.