5 Reasons Why You Need to See “A Star is Born” Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

1. Lady Gaga

I have to say that I was very skeptical of Lady Gaga taking the silver screen, but she has proven that she belongs right beside big Hollywood stars like Bradley Cooper. Gaga held her own and was insanely compelling. I cried with her, I laughed with her and I could feel her passion when she sang. She gave life to the character of “Ally” and there is no one else that could have played the role better.

2. The Chemistry Between Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper.

Wow. Wow. WOW!!! Gaga and Cooper were incredible in this story. Without giving too much away, the blossoming of their characters’ stories was so natural and easy to watch. Nothing felt forced and there was a great sense of trust and security between the two of them.

3. The Music

The soundtrack to this film is unlike anything that I have heard in quite some time. Songs were written by Cooper and Gaga in collaboration with other artists. It is very clear that these songs mean a lot to the actors in the way that they are sung. If you haven’t taken a listen yet, what are you waiting for…?

4. You will leave with a new understanding of why alcoholism is a disease and not a choice.

While this is a love story, it is a story of a lot of struggle. Cooper’s character is addict to drugs and alcohol and it affects every inch of his life. Toward the end of the film he is apologizing, and Gaga’s character tells him not to apologize because it is not his fault, he has a disease. I found this line to be very profound because it’s a truth that many never let themselves believe. I think that it was so important for that line to be in this movie and I hope that it affects and teaches as many people as it did for me.

5. The Ending

I won’t give any spoilers, but the end of this film is so profound. The screen went black and I let out the biggest breath I ever have after watching a film. You will understand when you see the film for yourselves.

“A Star is Born” is in theaters now. Do not miss your chance to see this incredible piece of work.

NY. CCM Musical Theatre Class of 2021.
Karina Baffa

Cincinnati '19

.